Chapter 7

Hello everybody!

Here's another chapter.

Do comment on what you think :)

Enjoy!
___________________

CHAPTER 7

I was slightly worried. It had been three days and Eric had still not shown up. I was afraid that he might have suspected something about Hunter. Or maybe he was just very scared.

But that wasn't what really was in my mind right now. Today was Thursday. Tomorrow was the announcement ceremony. And I had not seen Hunter since that day when he had dropped me off. He hasn't come to pick me up. Jace had. And he has been doing it ever since. I had not seen Hunter in three days. Well three days ten hours and fifteen minutes to be exact. Yes, I had been counting. It might seem pathetic but in such a short time he had become my air. Something I needed to survive.

I looked at the clock as the customer I had been attending to took his food and exited the diner.

It was 4:20 pm. Still some time to go home. Home. Weird how I had stared thinking about the pack house as my home.

It was finally time to leave. I had already changed into my casual shirt and was waiting outside for Jace.

His car rolled up in front of me. I sat in, after greeting each other with a smile and a nod, and then he took off.

I stepped out of the car and after saying bye to Jace made my way towards the pack house. There were many people gathered around as usual. Some smiled at me and others didn't acknowledge me. I just kept my head down and smiled back at a few who had greeted me. Mom was nowhere to be found among the throngs of people surrounding me. I decided to eat something before before looking for her. But that wasn't necessary as Mom was already in the kitchen with some other pack members. She smiled as she looked at me.

"Hi baby!" She stood up as she came closer. I impulsively hugged her. It felt like a lifetime before we talked.

She exclaimed in surprise at my sudden show of affection, but was happy nonetheless.

"Hey Mom." I replied quietly, "Mom...can we talk after you're finished?"

I was indicating to the little group with whom she had been talking. I wanted to discuss with her about tomorrow, and moving in with Hunter, my feelings for him.

"Oh sure baby. We'll talk. But first eat something."

After fixing myself a quick dinner of turkey sandwiches, as the pack dinner wasn't prepared yet, I looked at my Mom. She was laughing and joking around with her friends. I felt a pang of guilt. She had been deprived of everything because of me. I decided not to burden her with my problems when she looked so elated.

I went inside my room and decided to take a bath before doing anything. I went to the bathroom and stepped inside the tub after removing my clothes.

I stepped out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around me, feeling relaxed and sleepy and started towards the closet. That is until I heard a husky growl. I stopped dead in my tracks and slowly turned around. There he was in all his glory. My mate.

He was lying on the bed with his feet touching the ground and his hands behind his head. His gaze was smoldering. Heated and completely dark. He sat up. I took a step back. Clutching the towel with both hands at by chest.

"Don't." He said huskily. "Don't move."

I froze.

He stood up and came closer. He stood right in front of me. Then took a step forward pressing my back against the wall.