Chapter 8

Hello Everyone!

Sorry for the late update but my Exams were going on :(

So here's the next chapter.

Enjoy!

___________________________________________________________________________________

CHAPTER 8

I snuggled closer in bed trying to warm up. It suddenly felt very cold. I reached out for Hunter but sat up straight when I realized he wasn't there. His side was cold, meaning he had been gone for a while. I looked around the room and smiled slowly as I recalled last night. It had been amazing. Pure magic. I could feel myself blushing just thinking about Hunter’s gravelly voice. Last night my suspicions were confirmed. Any doubt I might have had, had evaporated. I was utterly and irrevocably in love with Hunter. I don't know how that happened. How it was even possible. I had not known him for that long, but it did happen. And something Mom taught me, was that to never question your fate. Everything happened for a reason and no matter how much you deny it or how much you try to stop it, it doesn't change. So it’s better to accept it than try to be perverse.

I got up from my bed and went inside the bathroom. I washed my face and looked in the mirror. And involuntarily squeaked. There, right where Hunter had bit me was a-a tattoo! I pushed my hair all the way back and took a closer look. It was a word I guess. Something written in another language in, black ink, entwined over a white wolf. The wolf was standing proud and possessive at the juncture of my neck. It wasn't very large. Just started from a little below my ear and ended at the middle of my shoulder. The word was very difficult to decipher. I tried but it did not resemble English in the least. Where did this come from?

I took the soap and rubbed it on the tattoo and scrubbed it with the sponge. But it wasn't coming off anytime soon. I leaned over the sink to see any evidence of anything that might tell the reason of its existence. But what i saw sent me into full panic mode. There just above the wolf, below my ear lobe was a bite mark. A little like two tiny holes in my neck. It looked scary.

I quickly donned on an over-sized T-shirt and a pair of jeans and after slipping in my flip-flops, ran downstairs. I had already tied my hair up in a bun so they did not get in the way. But a wall did. I would surely have fallen down of the wall had not caught me. And as the arms went around me i realized that the wall was actually Hunter. 

"Whoa, easy kitten." Hunter said as he steadied me. 

I looked up at him and caught my breathe. He had always been handsome. But today he looked exceptionally beautiful. He rendered my head utterly empty except thoughts of only him. He was amazing.

"Ummm....."  And I was an idiot.

He smirked. His eyes sparkling with amusement.

"Kitten, are you alright?"

"Ummm...I..." I wished the ground opened and swallowed me whole.

Hunter's smirk turned into a full blown smile that made my knees weak. If it wasn't for him holding me, I would have fallen down.

"Kitten" He drawled as he bent down and put his mouth to my ear, "I asked-" He brushed his lips on my ear. I shivered. "are you-" he trailed little kisses all over my ear then---"alright?"---sucked my ear lobe in his mouth.

I whimpered as I pushed myself closer to him. He always did that. Made a blubbering fool out of myself. He had complete power over me and I know he knew it. 

He kissed along my jaw and finally my lips. His kiss was possessive. It seared into my lips and sent tingles through my entire body, making me moan. He gripped my hair and tilted my head back as he kissed me harder and deeper, slanting his mouth over mine and pushing his tongue further into my mouth, as he dominated me completely. I kissed him back with the same fervor and put my hands around him and stood on my tip toes.