Chapter 12

Hey Guys!! Here's another chapter. I apologize for the late update. Enjoy!

CHAPTER 12

After coming into my room, Hunter decided to stay here. So now he was sitting in my bed with his back to the headboard, his legs crossed, and I was lying down with my head in his lap and his fingers running through my hair.

"Hunter?" I started.

"Hmmm?"

"What do you do exactly? Like for a living?" I asked.

"I run a construction company. You didn't know?" He asked, his hand in my hair stopping.

"Well...no. I actually don't know much about you, you know?" I replied sitting up and turning towards him. I sat cross-legged and looked at him through my eyelashes, "But I'd like to."

He crossed his hands behind his head and regarded me with a look in his eyes. Was it condescending amusement? Or mocking intrigue? I couldn't tell.

"Ask Kitten. What do you want to know?"

Now that I had his undivided attention I became more and more nervous.

"Umm what do you do for a living?" I asked hesitantly.

"I run my own business. I'm the owner and CEO of my construction company." He replied casually.

"What is your company's name?" I inquired.

"CMV Builders and Developers." He answered.

I stood on my knees, shocked out of my mind, "CMV belongs to you?!"

Oh God! CMV was one of the most well known construction company here. It was always in the newspaper. Admittedly I just came here, and didn't know much about stocks and builders, but I did read the daily paper. Through my mental hyperventilation, Hunter didn't say anything, just looked at me, smirking.

After calming down a little, I mused, "So you are the owner of one of the biggest companies here? How did that happen? I mean you said your parents passed away so early. So did you inherit it?"

"No Kitten. I built it." He answered nonchalantly.

"You built it?" I whispered astonished, "But how? Umm I mean you were so young."

"But driven. I may have been young baby, but I had a little sister and a pack to look after. I worked hard at school, jumped ahead, skipping a few grades, and had my masters degree at twenty. I started working in a construction company, then after a year and a half the stock market dropped drastically, the company was going downhill and there were no buyers. So with my Dad's money, and a big fu**ing loan from the bank I bought it, then built it from scratch." He finished.

I was awed. I had always respected him for how he lead his people with fairness and how he took care of all the elderly pack members' needs. But now I had a new respect for him. Almost reverence.

I cleared my throat and asked quietly, refraining myself from professing my love, "So you named your company?"

"Yes. After my sister." He said as his eyes filled with adoration for her.

His sister? He named his company's name after his sister?

He must have seen my confused look as he said, "Cassidy Mariam Vega. My mother loved the name Cassidy. But my dad wanted to name her after his mother, Mariam, hence the name."