Chapter 5

Hey everybody!

Sorry for updating so late! I was busy with exams. College is so hectic :(

Anyways, a big thankyou to everybody who like my story and encouraged me to continue. This is for you guys.

Enjoy!

CHAPTER 5

As soon as I entered the diner, I remembered that I completely forgot to tell Hunter about Eric. I stopped midstep and chewed my lips. He told me he was extremely possessive. But he was the one who made me forget to mention it to him. I blushed as I remembered our parting words. But....it's not like Eric and I were going to do anything, we will just be studying. I shrugged, I'm sure he won't mind. With that settled, I went to change into my uniform shirt and started work.

I counted the payment of my last costumer and closed the cashier. Finished at last! Today was an unusually busy day. Maybe because we had changed our menu a little and added quiet some deals that were tasty and cheap.

After I has changed back into my clothes, I waited for Eric. He was running late.I had decided to read my novel that I had in my locker to pass the time. I was so engrossed that I didn't feel the commotion around me until I heard gasps and whispers all over. Since I was sitting facing the door, I immediately saw the handsome man at the entrance of the diner upon looking up. He looked around until his eyes immediately connected with mine. I felt the familiar electricity going through my veins as my body hummed in awareness. I stood up smiling happy to see him. That is until Eric came bustling in past him and stood in front of me, panting and bent over with his hands on his knees.

"Hi..." Eric greeted me still breathing hard. Had he run all the way here..?

"So sorry for being late. I completely forgot about our date." He continued, now looking a little better.

He had a sheepish smile on his face. Then his words penetrated through my pity for him. Wait what? Did he just say....date? Uh oh. I looked up. Hunter looked about ready to explode. I was so gone. So gone. Maybe I should pretend I don't know Eric. Mmmhmm, make it look like he was some psychopath who went up to random girls begging to be tutored. Yeah right. First of all, there's no way in this world Hunter wouldn't not be able to tell if I'm lying, and second I couldn't do that to poor Eric. So I decided to face the music.

"Oh hey Eric. Why don't you sit here I'll be right back ok?" I didn't wait for his answer, just dashed towards Hunter, who just stood there looking at me with pitch black eyes.

"Hey Hunter...." I murmured. No response. His hard stare set in place.

I tried again, "So umm, I forgot to tell you this but that guy, his name is Eric, he just asked me to tutor him an-"

"And you didn't tell me." He growled.

"I...It's not like I didn't want to tell you, just that I didn't get the chance and then in the car...." I trailed off timidly.

"So let me get this straight" He said sardonically, "All the time yesterday, when we talked all night, you completely forgot to mention your 'date' to me and when you came in here you again completely 'forgot' to at least text me about this?"

When he put it like that... now I felt a little stupid.

"Hunter I'm sorry I did comp-"

"Let's go meet the boy." He interrupted and started walking forward compelling me to follow.

Eric was sitting with his back to us and his head down with his math books open.

Awww he was.....texting.