Chapter 15 - A Proposal

The next morning, Shannon woke up and remembering the previous night, smiled to herself. She opened her eyes and her heart sank as she realised she was in bed alone. Just as she was thinking he must have snuck out and was about to tell herself off for being so stupid she saw her bedroom door open slowly and Kailan appeared carrying two mugs of tea. Shannon smiled at him and sat up as he set both mugs down on the bedside table so he could get back into bed.

"What you smiling at?" he asked as he handed her one of the mugs of tea

"Oh nothing, I just really wanted a cup of tea that's all" She replied

Kailan smirked and shook his head as he said "Sometimes you are quite strange you know" and they both laughed.

After a while, they decided to get out of bed and get dressed and as they went into the kitchen, Rachel and Darren were there discussing breakfast.

"Morning lovebirds" sang Darren

"Leave them alone" tutted Rachel

Kailan laughed and Shannon threw a tea towel at Darren so it hit him in the face.

"There isn't much food in if you're looking for breakfast" warned Rachel

"How about the cafe by the beach?" suggested Kailan

They all agreed, so the four of them headed out into the sunshine discussing what to eat.

The cafe was pretty quiet when they arrived so they managed to get a good table and ordered coffee and four huge fry up breakfasts.

"So have you guys got another show tonight then?" asked Kailan

"No we are only doing 3 nights a week at the minute" replied Darren

"It might get increased though if there's a demand for it" said Rachel hopefully

"There's a funfair carnival thing going on not very far away if any of you fancy it tonight?" suggested Kailan

"Sounds good" replied Rachel "But we will have to invite the others or there will be sulking"

They finished their breakfast, paid and had made their way back outside when they heard a voice shouting for Kailan. As they looked around trying to decide where the voice was coming from they spotted Hoppo crossing the road towards them.

"Hey guys, sorry to interrupt your morning" he said as he caught them up "Kailan mate, I know it's your day off but I really need you, just for literally a couple of hours if possible"

Kailan looked at Shannon and then back at Hoppo

"I wouldn't ask unless it was urgent mate" pleaded Hoppo

"Two hours?" said Kailan

"Three, tops" replied Hoppo

Kailan turned to Shannon and said "I promise I will be done in plenty of time for us to go to the funfair ok"

Shannon nodded and smiled but remained silent

"I'll text you when I'm done but I say we should be leaving around six and I will be done here way before that, right Hoppo" Kailan said

"Definitely" grinned Hoppo

Kailan kissed Shannon and waved goodbye to Darren and Rachel as him and Hoppo headed off towards Hoppo's office.

"Don't be fed up, he'll be back later" said Rachel

"I hope so" sighed Shannon

The three of them walked back to the house and found the rest of the group around the pool. Darren told them all about the funfair and everyone agreed to go. Shannon was sunbathing when her phone beeped to tell her she had a text message – it was from Kailan.