Chapter 19 - One man down

The next morning, Shannon woke up feeling a little hungover and smiled as she read the note Kailan had left for her.

Morning gorgeous! Had to get to work - didn't want to wake you. Try and get down to the beach later if you can.   K xx

Shannon wandered into the kitchen and groaned at what a mess it was.

"Looks like a bomb hit it" said Jason appearing next to her "Let's have a cuppa before we tackle it eh"

Shannon managed to find two clean mugs and made two cups of tea, taking them outside to where Jason was sitting, resting his head on the table.

"Here you go" giggled Shannon, putting his tea in front of him.

"Thanks Shan, god I feel rough" Jason replied

"How much did you drink?" asked Shannon

"No idea" he groaned "All I know is I ended up on whiskey!

"Ewww" said Shannon. Screwing her face up

"I know, I don't even drink whiskey!" Jason replied and they both burst into laughter.

They started to tidy the kitchen and gradually, the rest of the house appeared and started to help so they were soon finished.

"I think food and then the beach should be the plan today" suggested Jason.

"Sounds good" replied Darren "Some sea air might do us all some good"

"We need to be back in time for tonight's show though" snapped Holly.

"So your brand new positive attitude lasted long then" Said Tristan

"What is that supposed to mean!" Holly replied angrily

"If you don't want to come to the beach then fine, don't come!" shouted Tristan

"Shhhhh you two" said Jason, massaging his own head "Headache!"

"You lot are treating this like it's just one long holiday! We came here to work" Said Holly

"Right! Enough!" shouted Shannon "Anyone who wants to come to the beach, be ready in 10 minutes, anyone who wants to keep arguing can stay here!" and she went to her room to get changed.

Shannon went back into the kitchen to find everyone except Holly packing bottles of water into cool bags.

Shannon smiled as Darren spotted her and gave her a wink.

They all headed out the front door when Tristan noticed Tim wasn't following them.

"You not coming now?" he asked

"Nah, don't really want to watch Shannon and the lifeguard being all lovey dovey" he replied

"Well he's working so they won't be all over eachother" said Tristan "But I'm not being funny, you had your chance with Shan and you blew it so you haven't really got the right to complain when she moves on"

Tristan ran to catch the rest of the group up and they headed down the beach, found a nice spot and settled down.

They spent the afternoon sunbathing and swimming until Karen looked at her phone and sighed loudly.

"What's up chuck?" asked Tristan

"Holly's just text me saying it's only an hour before we have to leave for the show" she replied