Chapter 43 - You'll love Christmas at Bondi

Shannon and Kailan went back into the water to join her friends and have a swim around. Afterwards, they sat back on the sand and dried off, discussing the evenings plans.They decided they had enough food without having to go shopping and when everyone was ready, they packed up and set off for home.

"I'm gonna nip home babe" Kailan told Shannon "I need a change of clothes for tonight"

"Ok" Shannon replied as she kissed him goodbye "See you at ours later"

Shannon walked home with her friends and decided to have a relaxing bubble bath when they got there.  Filling the bath with hot, bubbly water, she climbed in and lay back, wanting to switch off from everything.

She wasn't sure how long she had been there but she knew she should probably get out as the water was now getting cold. She dried off and threw a vest top and a pair of shorts on and went to see what the rest of the house were up to. She found them outside, the barbeque already alight and the drinks flowing.

"Have you been asleep?" asked Jamie

"No" she laughed "Just had a lovely long bubbly bath"

Shannon went back inside to get some more drinks and she heard a knock at the door.

"Hey English" yelled Maxi as she opened the door to him and Kailan and he bounded in with a case of beers.

"Hi" laughed Shannon "Everyone's out the back"

Maxi kissed her on the cheek and made his way to the back yard and then Kailan pulled her into a tight hug and kissed her forehead.

"You look gorgeous" he said

"These are my chilling clothes you idiot" she laughed "I'll be getting changed before we go out"

"Well I think you look great whatever you wear" he said "Or don't wear" he added with a smile.

They joined the others and the food was soon ready. They chatted and joked while they ate and then Shannon and Rachel decided to go and get changed.  Shannon chose a white, strapless dress with butterflies on it and some white strappy wedge sandals to go with them.  Might as well show this tan off while I still have it  she thought to herself as she checked herself out in the mirror.  The others were all ready and waiting so they headed straight out to the pub everyone was meeting at.

When they arrived, most of the lifeguards were already there and they greeted them all loudly.  They made their way to the bar and Darren ordered their drinks and Kailan handed Shannon a large glass of wine

"So...." Shannon started as she took a sip

"Mmm Hmm" he replied

"So, erm Christmas is next week" she said

"Yep" he nodded "Same time every year you know" he added with a smile

"Stop it" she laughed "I'm trying to talk to you here"

"Are you asking me to spend Christmas with you?" he smirked

"I was going to ask you what your plans were yeah" she replied

"Well I'm working Christmas day but I reckon you spend it at the beach with me" he suggested

"Sounds good" she smiled

"Then Christmas Dinner at yours?" he asked

"Well I am hopeless at cooking something as big as Christmas dinner but I'm sure we can improvise" she laughed

"Get the rest of your lot down to the beach with you too and then we'll eat later then" he replied

"I'll ask them then" she smiled

"Nice one" he replied "You'll love Christmas at Bondi"