Chapter 16 - A Romantic Getaway

The next morning Shannon woke up and smiled as she looked over at a sleeping kalian. As she lightly stroked his hair, he opened his eyes and smiled back at her.

"Morning gorgeous" he said sleepily

"Morning" she replied and she kissed him softly.

Shannon got out of bed and went into the bathroom, she got in the shower and sang quietly to herself. She wrapped a big fluffy towel around her and towel dried her hair, smiling at herself in the mirror. When she walked back into her bedroom, Kailan was now sat up in bed with a cup of tea for himself and one for Shannon by the bed and he was typing away on her laptop computer.

"What are you looking at?" she asked, sitting back on the bed and leaning over to see the screen.

"Don't look, I want it to be a surprise" he said, covering the screen with his hands

"Oooh I like surprises" said Shannon "Is it anything to do with those few days away you mentioned last night?"

"Maybe" he smiled

"Ok, I'll leave you to it then" she said as she threw on a t-shirt and jeans and headed into the kitchen. She could see Rachel sunbathing outside and Darren doing laps of the pool but there was no sign of anyone else.

"Morning newly engaged people" sang Shannon as she joined them and perched on the end of Rachel's sun lounger. Darren waved and began floating on his back and Rachel sat up and smiled at Shannon.

"Where's the hunky Australian?" she asked

"Sorting out a surprise few days away for us" replied Shannon

"Oh my god could he be any more perfect" said Rachel as Shannon laughed.

Right on cue, Kailan appeared and sat on the sun lounger next to Rachel's.

"Right babe, you need to pack coz we are going to Palm Beach this afternoon" he announced

"Oh wow, you lucky thing! You know they film Home and Away there don't you" shrieked Rachel

Kailan laughed and shook his head "We're staying on a Yacht, I hope that's ok?"

"Sounds amazing" replied Shannon excitedly "I'll go and pack now"

Shannon packed quickly, hoping she had packed the right kind of clothes and joined Kailan again.

"Have a lovely time" said Rachel as she hugged Shannon and Darren climbed out of the pool so say goodbye too.

Shannon and Kailan decided to go in Shannon's jeep but Kailan said he would drive as he knew where he was going. As they drove along, Shannon turned the stereo volume up as she sang along to The Take That song "Back for Good" that was playing and Kailan smiled and laughed.

"What's so funny?" asked Shannon "You laughing at my superb singing"

"Of course not" Kailan said as he continued giggling like a child.

Shannon playfully smacked his leg and sat back in her seat smiling - the sun was shining and she was going to stay on a yacht with a gorgeous man so what was there not to smile about.

They arrived at Palm Beach and Kailan grabbed their bags as a friendly looking lady appeared, took their names and showed them to one of the yachts that were moored by a small pier. She showed them around the yacht and explained how everything worked, luckily Kailan had a lot of experience with boats so there was no need for anyone to go with them. She also pointed out how far they were allowed to sail and said goodbye as Shannon took photographs of Kailan at the wheel. They had been told they had to stay within a certain distance of the bay so it wasn't long before Kailan brought the boat to a stop and Shannon changed into her green bikini and took two beers up onto the deck.