Chapter 20 - This is the one

Shannon got back to the house and could hear shouting before she even opened the door. As she passed through the living room, Holly and Tristan were arguing again so she didn't hang around and made her way outside. Rachel, Darren, Jason and Ryan were all in the pool so she sat on the side and dangled her feet in.

"Are those two still behaving like children?" asked Darren as he swam over to where she was sat and splashed a handful of water at her.

"Yeah, I just walked past them" replied Shannon as she grabbed a nearby beachball and bounced it off his head "What are they falling out over now?"

"Ah some bloody drama about she feels he's ignoring her or some rubbish" he shrugged.

Rachel was floating about on a lilo and couldn't make it move so Jason and Ryan very kindly steered her over to where Shannon was now kicking out at Darren as he tried to pull her into the pool by her ankles.

"Darren leave her alone!" she said sternly

"Oh you're sooooo boring" he whinged in reply.

Ryan challenged Darren to a swimming race so they went off to the other side of the pool and Jason held onto Rachel's lilo to keep her from floating off.

"You comfy there mate" laughed Shannon

"She's like lady of the flamin manor" laughed Jason

"So how was the rest of the afternoon at the beach?" asked Rachel 

"Hmmm, let's say eventful shall we" replied Shannon

She told them what had happened to Kailan and then decided she would send him a quick text to check on him.

Hey, just checking in : -) How's the pain? My lot send you their sympathy xx

As Shannon pressed send, Jamie and Tristan appeared next to her and she looked up at them and smiled.

"Hey you two, how's things?" she asked as she searched Tristan's face for a smile.

"Sorry if this drama between me and Holly is driving everyone mad" said Tristan quietly

"It's getting unbearable with you two now" said Jamie "I've suggested that they go out for the evening together, just the two of them and sort it out"

"Yeah, not sure if that will help though Jay" said Shannon

"Why not?" replied Jamie "They used to be close only a few years ago so surely they can get it back?"

"Oh Jamie, you really don't see it do you" groaned Shannon as both Tristan and Jamie looked at her blankly

"Honestly, you two are the most unobservant men ever, I thought gay men were meant to be sensitive" Shannon laughed "The reason she brings so much drama is that she is in love with you Trist"

Tristan started laughing loudly "What! Don't be daft"

"Oh my god" exclaimed Jamie "Really?"

"Truely, madly, deeply dude" replied Shannon as Tristan was still laughing

"Guys, guys listen to Shannon's latest theory" Tristan shouted to the others, still giggling "She reckons Holly's in love with me, you guys don't agree though right?"

"Yeah" chorused Rachel, Darren, Jason and Ryan in unison

"But I like men" shrieked Tristan "I'm in a long term relationship with him for gods sake" as he pointed at Jamie, who had gone very quiet.