Chapter 26 - I'm here for you

The next day, Shannon opened her eyes slowly and immediately closed them again as the daylight hit her. She thought back to last night and groaned as she remembered. They had partied for hours at the bar and then carried on the party back at the house. Just as she was wondering why the daylight was so bright in her bedroom, she felt something that felt like water drops hit her on the face.

"What the...." She said out loud as she opened her eyes properly and noticed she wasn't in her room. She tried to sit up and her head throbbed, then she realised that she was in fact outside, on a sunlounger and it was now raining.

"Oh no" she groaned as she dragged herself up and off the lounger and spotted Maxi, Karen, Heath and Whippet all fast asleep on the other loungers by the pool.

"Guys c'mon, get up" she croaked as Karen and Heath got up and wobbled inside, Whippet had now also woken up, rolled off his lounger and started to crawl inside slowly.

"Maxi, c'mon" Shannon said, shaking him

"No, not time for school" he slurred

Shannon laughed "Maxi, it's raining and you're outside, get up"

"How did we get here" he asked her as he sat up with a jump

"I have no idea but I say we get inside" she replied as she attempted to run towards the house.

The house was very quiet and Shannon saw that Karen and Heath were now nowhere to be seen and Whippet was gulping water from a bottle.

"You ok?" Shannon asked him as he finished the bottle, smiled at her and nodded.

Maxi came crashing into the kitchen and nearly fell over but Whippet managed to catch him and all three of them started to laugh.

"Oh god" groaned Maxi "I have to be in work in two hours"

"Me too mate" said Whippet, still laughing

"And Kailan" added Shannon

"Where is he?" asked Maxi, looking into the living room

"Dunno" shrugged Shannon "I'll check my room"

Shannon headed to her room and quietly pushed the door open as to be honest, she had no idea who was in there.

She giggled to herself as she found Kailan and Jesse both asleep on her bed, snoring loudly.

"Guys" she whispered, to no response

"Kailan" she said a little louder and she touched him lightly on the arm.

"Huh" Kailan mumbled as he opened his eyes

"You'd better get up, you're at work in a couple of hours" she said softly.

"Am I in work today?" mumbled Jesse

"I have no idea Jesse" laughed Shannon

"No you're not buddy" replied Kailan, patting him on the arm.

"Good" groaned Jesse "Coz I think I might actually be dead"

Kailan dragged himself out of the bed and gave Shannon a sleepy smile "You want me to move him babe?" he asked, nodding at Jesse who was now snoring again.

"Nah, leave him" Shannon smiled back and they crept out of her room and went back into the kitchen.

Whippet was now pouring coffee into mugs and Maxi had sat at the table, resting his head in his hands.