Chapter 40 - Hope you're ok

"Gone" said Shannon "What do you mean, gone?"

"Left a note saying she needs space to think and that she can't do that here so she's on a flight back to England today" replied Rachel

"Oh" said Shannon, not really sure what else to say.

"I've tried calling her but her phone's off" Rachel continued "Tristan has just looked up flights and one left for England about twenty minutes ago"

"Presume she's on that one then" suggested Shannon

"Guess so" sighed Rachel "Do you know what was wrong?"

"Errr yeah I do" muttered Shannon "I'll tell you when I get home though"

"Yeah ok" replied Rachel "I'm making dinner for about eight-ish so invite Kailan obviously"

"Yeah will do" said Shannon "See you later"

Shannon hung up her phone and noticed Kailan was frowning at her

"Everything ok babe?" he asked

Shannon smiled at him "I'm fine, just friend dramas that's all"

Kailan smiled back at her then immediately turned back to watch the water.

"Guys" Shannon started "Errm, is Jesse working today?"

"Bloody called in sick didn't he" scoffed Harries "I reckon he just had a heavy night last night"

Kailan glanced at Shannon with a knowing look as Harries grabbed the megaphone again and walked further towards the water to tell more swimmers to move along.

"Kailan" Shannon said hurriedly "I promise I will explain everything later but right now I really need to talk to Jesse"

Kailan looked into her eyes intensely and realised now was not the time to ask questions.

"Can you tell me which flat is his?" She asked "You're just gonna have to trust me for now"

Kailan took hold of her hand and squeezed it "You can't fix everyone you know babe"

"I know" she smiled at him "I'm not getting involved, I just need to speak to him, that's all"

Kailan nodded and told her which flat was Jesse's. She hugged him and put her sundress and shoes back on.

"Thanks" she said as she gave him a quick kiss "Oh and by the way, dinner at mine tonight around eight-ish"

"Who's cooking?" he asked

"Rach, why?" she replied

"Phew" he laughed "I'll be there then"

"Oi, my cooking isn't that bad" she laughed

"That's what you think" he laughed again "Seriously though, I would love to come for dinner, but I can't have a late one coz I am doing Yatesy's early shift tomorrow"

"Awww so you won't be staying over" Shannon pouted

"I need sleep woman" he laughed

"Fair enough" Shannon giggled and she kissed him again before turning to leave

"Love ya" Kailan shouted to her

"Love you too" she replied "See ya Harries"

Harries waved and blew her a kiss, she laughed and started walking back up the beach in the direction of Jesse's flat.