Chapter 17 - Back to Bondi

Kailan steered the yacht back to the pier and they checked out with the same lady that greeted them on their arrival. They got back in the jeep and began their journey back to Bondi while Shannon watched out of her window in silence.

"Hey, you ok?" asked Kailan as he gently rubbed her knee

"Yeah, fine" she smiled as she turned to face him "Just a bit gutted to be going back to reality I guess"

"Don't worry babe, there'll be more adventures I promise" he laughed.

They arrived in Bondi and were driving along the beach front when Kailan suggested they stop at a bar for lunch. They pulled in to a parking space and Kailan held her hand as they walked inside.

"Hey hey sailors" they heard a familiar voice shout across the bar.

Maxi came towards them, slapping Kailan's hand and giving Shannon a kiss on the cheek.

"Did you guys have fun then? He asked

"It was great mate thanks" replied Kailan "Just stopping by for some lunch, wanna join us?"

"Just finished mine thanks" replied Maxi "Gotta be in work in a bit but I'll have a drink with you before I go"

Maxi and Shannon sat at an empty table while Kailan went to order their drinks and some food.

"So English, how was life out there" asked Maxi with a grin

"Yeah it was fun" she replied, smiling back at him "Anything exciting happen here?"

"Not much really, oh apart from your mate Holly attempting to seduce Jesse" he replied

"What!" exclaimed Shannon "When?"

"Last night we went out for a few after work and they were all in the pub, so we had a drink with them. Anyway, Jesse goes to the toilet and that Holly girl only bloody follows him and pretty much pinned him against the wall and tried to..." and he made loud, over the top kissing noises that made Shannon laugh.

"Poor Jesse" laughed Shannon "What did he do?"

"Luckily your mate Darren walked in on them and rescued him" laughed Maxi

Kailan arrived at the table with their drinks and they filled him in on what they were talking about and then both started laughing again at Kailan's horrified face.

They told Maxi all about their trip until he finished his drink and left to go to work as their lunch arrived.

They finished their lunch and the conversation turned to Kailan having to go back to work the next day.

"I just wish we could have had longer than a couple of days together" said Kailan as he reached for her hand across the table.

"I know" Shannon smiled at him "But I had a great time, even though it was short but sweet"

They decided to go for a walk on the beach and soon bumped into Heath from the cafe and his son Jack playing in the sand.

"KAILAN" shouted Jack as he spotted them

"Hope you're not getting that cast wet Jack" said Kailan

"Nope, look, I've got a jacket for it so we can come to the beach" Jack said proudly pointing to the bright red waterproof covering around the cast on his leg.

"Alright Shannon" said Heath as he brushed sand from his hands

"Hi" she replied "You two look like you're having fun"