Chapter One

Niall first saw Harry at the campus meet and greet.

Now, the first thing you have to know about Niall in this situation is the fact that he has a boyfriend. A loving, sexy, perfect boyfriend. When he sees Harry, he's not attracted to him - really, he isn't. But he had to admit, he was cute.

At the time, Niall didn't know his name. What he did know is that this stranger had wild curls, and stunning green eyes. His face is perfectly structured - slender nose, excellent jaw bones, the works. Even so, he's not the most attractive person on the planet as far as Niall is concerned, so he doesn't even spare him a second glance.

~-~-~

The second time, Niall and his boyfriend were at their first fraternity party.

There were kegs, black lights, ping-pong tables, and red solo cups as far as the eye could see. A catchy pop song, hardly appealing to the ears, blared through the room. Niall and Zayn were together on one of the sofas, not showing too much affection to one another to keep things discrete, yet still telling each other sweet things as they casually kicked up their feet on a coffee table.

Harry was across the room with a flamboyant-looking boy, and they were currently playing a game of juice pong - doing pretty well, too. They were both lanky boys with the same shade of hair, but the other lad's hair was straighter and his eyes were blue. They were laughing together, and Harry was drunk. He leaned on the older boy, surprisingly enough no one was really looking at them. Niall and Zayn would always lean on each other at school and get teased to no end - even before they had come out.

"I'm so wasted!" Harry screamed through his giggles, even though it's a given. Niall and Zayn stop talking, and look over. The boy laughs at him. Niall realizes just how deep Harry's voice sounds.

And that's when Harry looks over at the two of them.

He looks at Niall, and their eyes meet. Harry's lips go into a straight line, his eyes bore deeply into Niall's own crystal blues. And for that moment, Niall can't look away and Harry seems to have blanked out.

Then Harry smiles at him, and Niall still doesn't like him in that way.

Niall looks over at Zayn, who didn't seem to have noticed what the hell was just happening. Zayn grins at him, winks, and Niall really doesn't like Harry in that way.

~-~-~

The third time, Niall's friend Josh has invited him to a party by the lake.

Niall and Zayn show up together, both dressed with their swimtrunks and sweatshirts - seemingly the approriate attire, considering that's what everyone else was wearing. There's an iPod dock on top of a pinic table, a cooler filled with alcohol and soda, and everyone is chatting with each other - much less intense than a frat party, in Niall's opinion.

They find Josh, and get engaged in a conversation about music. They end up talking to him for what seems to be forever, and they learn a lot about him that they didn't know before - like, despite his player vibe radiating off of him, he actually has a girlfriend back home and he wouldn't even think about cheating on her.

About an hour after they've arrived, Harry and the boy that he's always with arrive - swaggering slightly, showing that they're both shit faced drunk. They're both leaning on each other for support, though it doesn't work because the smaller lad whose name Niall still doesn't know keeps falling.

"Harry! Louis!" a voice calls from across the lot, and it's only then that Niall knows both of their names. Harry's suits his personality. "You made it!"