Chapter Seven

The weekend came, and everyone was ready for their little break.

Harry and Niall were talking again, without any flirting involved - for which Niall was grateful for because, even though Harry was a bit impulsive, he was still a great friend as far as Niall was concerned. They talked about the trip just enough to realize that both of them were going.

And, really, Niall didn't mean to be so disappointed about that fact. Because, as we have established, Harry is a nice lad. He's kind, he's funny, and he always brings the party. Only, the two have been hanging out a lot recently, and it's not like Niall is getting sick of him or anything - but this was supposed to be a trip with his old friends that he wouldn't trade for the world. And, honestly, Harry wasn't one of them.

Niall hated to say it, but he hasn't really hung out with Harry long enough to actually call the two of them friends - even though Harry had been walking him back to the dorms and bringing him drinks after class, it wasn't much and it was actually a bit freaky. And maybe Niall was just paranoid after what Zayn had said...he honestly didn't know what he was doing when he, on some crazy whim, asked Josh if a friend could swing along.

"Yeah, sure," the lad had responded without even blinking. "The more the merrier, so long as he knows how to party. Who is the bloke?"

"Liam," Niall had said, all too easily. "His name is Liam."

~-~-~

Harry yanked Louis aside and hissed, "Do you see what I'm fucking seeing here, or am I drugged out of my mind?"

"No, you're fine," Louis smirked, looking over Harry's shoulder and watching Liam as he made conversation with Niall. Liam's eyes were bright, wide, and...admittedly gorgeous. "As far as things with drugs go, at least."

"You're not funny, asshole," Harry sneered, glaring at his best mate of nearly fifteen years. Louis just kept smirking at him - both lads were evil on their own levels. "You're close with Josh, didn't he tell you who was coming?"

"No, Harry. And, seriously, would you chill out? This is supposed to be our break, and you can't just stress out because Liam is here. Worse comes to worst, you'll be broken up by the end of the trip and you'll die alone with your cats. So what? Don't worry about it now. We got plenty of booze, and you're gonna be fine. Hm?"

Harry rolled his eyes, and turned around just enough to see that Zayn and Niall have brought each other into a sweet embrace, and they were practically sucking each other's faces off. Harry wouldn't admit it, but he kind of missed doing that in the past. But he didn't have to, because he had so many people wrapped around his little finger - all with different little kinks that never ceased to amaze the boy. Still, the sight of Niall getting groped like that pissed him off on a whole new level.

"Would you cut that out?" Louis yanked on Harry's arm, digging in nails in the boy's skin. "If you keep staring at them, you're going to get even more mad than you already are. Isn't having everyone else on campus enough? Why do you need Niall?"

"Would you be quiet?" Harry snarled back, ripping his arm away. He looked around, making sure that no one had heard - especially not Niall and Zayn. "I would very much appreciate it if you didn't scream my secrets to the heavens."

"Secrets?" Louis cackled, but lowered his voice either way. "Like you weren't already obvious enough when you tried to get Niall in your pants? You really think something like that just slid right past him? In fact, I'm surprised Zayn hasn't killed you for flirting with him. And, you know, you kind of deserve it at this point."

"Whose side are you on?"

"I'm not on a side, love," Louis grinned his sickeningly sweet smile, teeth and all. "I'm only for what's fair, you know?"

Harry was about to respond, until Josh bounded over to them. "Pack your stuff up in the van or the camper, you guys. We're about to head out."

"Yup," Louis grabbed the handle of his bag, which he had dropped to his side during his conversation with Harry. He gave said boy a devilish grin before going after Josh.

Harry looked at Niall once, and decided that it was worth it.

He followed Louis.

~-~-~

The spot that Josh picked couldn't have been more perfect.

They had to drive over an hour, up a dirt path with the camper squeaking all the way - scaring the people who had rode inside it on the way up. But, eventually, they had reached a big clearing with a fire pit that had empty beer cans lingering around it and there were cigarettes all over the lot - hardly a problem, considering the majority of them drank and smoked themselves.

Still, the lot was gorgeous, and it definitely wasn't a surprise when Josh told them all that he had been there before. In fact, he could point out all of the cans that were his - blue and silver Budweiser cans; his favourite, of which he had many of in his cooler.

Considering the camper only had two spots for people to sleep, a bed and a sofa-sleeper, some of them had brought tents - including Louis and Harry, who didn't want to sleep in the same bed with each other. Liam had also brought a tent, but Josh had insisted that Liam come sleep on the bed with him - to which Liam had blushed and hesitantly agreed.

Harry tried not to let it bother him.

He set his hammer down in the grass, leaving Louis to pitch the tent, and walked over to Niall - who was sitting on the camper's front steps, watching Zayn help Josh with the awning.

Harry had to admit that he felt quite seductive standing there - his hair touselled and sweaty, his shirt sleeves ripped in a more stylish matter, and sweat lining his eyebrows. Normally, he wouldn't find sweating sexy - but maybe Niall did, and that made it better.

"Hey, Niall," Harry murmured breathily, making it sound like he was just exhausted from all that hard labor. Niall looked up, bringing up a hand to shield his eyes from the blinding sun, and grinned at the curly-headed lad. "Don't you and Zayn have a tent to pitch?"

"Oh, no," Niall laughed a slight, seeming disoriented from the heat. Harry wondered if he had been drinking enough. "I um...I'm actually, like, afraid of the dark, so...Josh offered us the sofa."

"That's so cute," Harry squeaked, and failed to notice how Niall's face and grown considerably paler, despite the bright red suburn that lined his cheeks - Niall was the sporty type, one who constantly played out in the sun when he was in the mood for athletics. He played it off as a mild reaction to the sun on his face, however. "I mean, you know...it doesn't really matter. Everyone has their little flaws, I suppose."

Niall frowned a bit, but it disappeared before Harry was even sure he had seen it. "Yeah, I guess...I think I get it from my dad. He's kind of like that, too."

"Harry!" Louis called angrily before the brunette could make another advance. "Get your skinny ass over here and help me with the tent before I make you sleep on the fuckin' ground tonight! I can't do it myself!"

Niall giggled, and Harry willed himself to crack a smile. "Well, you heard what my boss said; back to work. Talk to you later."

Harry stood, groaned, and made his way over to Louis. He glared at his mate. "Thanks, man. You always help me out."

Louis smirked. "What are friends for?"