Chapter Two

"Nialler!"

Niall hears a voice as soon as he steps out of his class. And, yeah, he totally thought it was Zayn - no one else had ever called him Nialler, and no one else knew his schedule. So, he spins around, only to see Harry rushing towards him with a tray of drinks in his hand.

"Niall!" Harry yells again, and reaches the blonde. He wraps an awkward arm around the older boy's waist, squeezing tightly. Niall snickers at his enthusiasm. "Hey, kiddo!"

Harry releases him, and hands him one of the drinks. "You do like coffee, right?"

"Yeah," Niall laughs a slight, and takes a sip. Iced coffee. He prefers tea, but it's still a nice gesture and he's grateful all the same. "Thanks."

It's a bit strange, admittedly, because they don't really know each other that well. They've been to parties together, and they have one course together, but that's it. They've never stopped before and just started talking, apart from today. Harry has never waited for Niall after one of his classes, or brought him coffee.

But it's not like it matters to Niall, because he knows a bit about Harry at this point, and he's a pretty nice guy as far as Niall is concerned. So, he lets it pass, because there's really nothing to it.

"How was class?" Harry asked as they began walking back to the dorms.

"Not bad," Niall shrugs, playing with his straw. "The professor is decent," he pauses, and sees that they're heading towards Ceville Hall, where he and Zayn reside. "Where do you live, exactly?"

Harry snickers, "Ceville Hall. I live there with Louis. We're right across from you guys."

It makes sense, now, why they always see each other in the hallway. Niall mentally hits himself in the face for not putting two and two together.

Niall nods in understanding, "Ah."

"So," Harry kicks at a rock with his foot, sending it tumbling down the sidewalk, and into the grass. Niall notices just how long his legs are, but doesn't think twice about it. "What are you here for? I mean, what do you study?"

Niall shrugs, "Journalism. I've also been looking into Professional Sports a bit. Mainly Journalism. And yourself?"

"I work with cars," Harry says swiftly, like it's no big deal. Niall could never fix a car if his life depended on it - he couldn't even change his oil by himself. "And I do a bit of Journalism shit on the side, obviously. It's never something I was too good at...I'm not very good with writing, or reporting...I'm too much of a slow learner for that. And it's a demanding field."

 Niall bobs his head in agreement, "I like that, though. Challenge, I mean. I like it when things are quick and to the point. It's always been my thing. And I'm not looking to be a reporter or anything...probably just a columnist. I wanted to do professional baseball, but I'm not that good."

"Louis wants to be a doctor," Harry tells Niall as they advance closer to the dorms. "I don't know how well it's going to work out. He's not very focused," Harry bit his lip, and glanced over at Niall quizzically. "What does Zayn do?"

Niall shrugged his shoulders, "He's a massage therapist. Real good, too..."

Harry rolled his shoulders, veins pulsing a bit beneath his skin. "That's actually pretty cool. I take it he practices on you?"

Niall blushed profusedly, smiling shyly, "Well, yeah...I mean, he practices on others in his class, but...they don't think he's very good."

"Why not?"

"'Cause he's from Pakistan...and..." Niall shrugged his shoulders, looking away from Harry as he did so. "They just don't like him, I guess. Some people think he's mean, but he's really the sweetest thing...they just don't know him like I do."

Harry twitched a slight, but didn't let Niall see. "I'm sure he's a great kid."

 "He is," Niall told him, almost sounding convincing. But anyone dating Niall was a bad kid in Harry's book. "Really."

"Yep..."

~-~-~

"How was class?" Louis asked the second Harry was through the door. His curly-haired roommate tossed his bag on the couch and made a beeline for the kitchen. "Did you go today?"

Harry shrugged, though it was evident Louis couldn't see. He called out, "Yeah. For the first half."

Louis frowned, and paused his video game. He rose from his seat on the couch, and made his way to Harry - who was currently searching the fridge for something to eat. He leaned on the counter, propped up on his elbows, waiting to hear more.

"And...?" he prompted, making Harry jump in surprise. "Why didn't you stay the entire time?"

Harry shrugged again, "I wanted time to get some coffee and meet up with Niall. Why are you asking so many questions?"

Louis frowned, "You hardly know the kid."

"You ignored my question."

Louis sighed, and exited the kitchen, speaking to Harry as he did so, "I'm asking you questions because I sincerely want to know. Is that okay with you, Master?"

Now, if there was one thing Harry and Louis didn't have, it was a stable friendship. They've stuck by each other for as long as either one can remember, but they fought a lot. They were always teasing each other, and sometimes it went too far. Despite sometimes being angry at each other, however, they were always there.

"Oh, shove it," Harry sneered, so quietly that Louis couldn't even hear.

And, okay, Louis kind of had a point. Harry didn't really know Niall as well as he'd like to. He did, however, know his major and knew what his boyfriend did. He knew that he had given - or recieved, whichever - oral sex, as creepy as that was. He knew that he had never touched drugs. And, to Harry, that was enough.

He still wanted to know Niall better - was there really anything wrong with that? All he wanted was a new friend, and Niall had potential. Sure, he may not like his boyfriend, but that was nothing he couldn't deal with.

He smiled to himself smugly as he wrapped his arms around his torso.

~-~-~

"Hey babe," Zayn stood up, and greeted his boyfriend with a kiss to the lips. "I missed you. How was class?"

Niall grinned, and set his coffee on the counter before reattaching himself to his boyfriend. "It was okay. How about you?"

"Same old."

Niall frowned, but Zayn was still smiling at him so he tried to do the same back. Zayn hoisted him up in his arms, so that Niall's skinny legs were wrapped around his waist, and kissed him again. He loved kissing his boyfriend, and who was Niall to object?

Niall pulled away the slightest bit, so their noses were touching each other's. He smiled, "How are you, babe?"

"You know I'm always in a good mood when I'm with you."

Niall blushed, and buried his face in his boyfriend's shoulder - the best that he could with Zayn holding him, that is. He sighed in ecstasy. If he could, he would stay here for the rest of his life, and he would never complain about it because this, this was perfection.

"We haven't really been doing much the past couple of days..." Zayn inquired, breaking Niall about of his trance. He felt small circles being traced in his back, and he could feel his stomach getting warm at the feeling. He sighed again, knowing and hating that Zayn was right. "You wanna go out tonight, or something?"

Niall nodded a slight, because god has he ever missed Zayn. "Sounds perfect, love."

"Shower first?" Zayn breathed into Niall's hair, causing the smaller boy to giggle, blush, and nod all at the same time. Zayn set him down, and Niall swayed a bit, dizzy. "Come on, then. I don't think you can do it all by yourself."

Niall nodded in agreement, and scampered off after Zayn.

The evening was already perfect.