Chapter 36: Bring Your Sick Son to Work Day

*Julia is 12, Noah is 6*

It's been 6 years since that night...Elliot and Liv are doing better...

Liv woke up first to the sound of music playing. She rubbed the sleep from her eyes and yawned. She looked at the time 7:30. Liv groaned, and got up. The music was coming from Julia's room.

Liv knocked on the door "Julia, baby. Turn off the music. It's too early for it." The music turned off "Is that better?" Julia asked with an attitude. "It is, but I don't need your attitude. Now get ready for school" "Ugh fine"

Liv walked to Noah's room, "Baby time to wak-" he wasn't in there. "Noah?" she looked around his room, and then went to her and Elliot's room "Ell-" Noah was laying with Elliot. Liv smiled big and got in bed with them. "Noah, buddy you have to wake up" Liv whispered to him.

"Mommy I too tired." he buried his head into the pillow. Liv laughed "Okay just 5 more minutes then you have to wake up, okay?" he didn't answer her and went back to sleep. Liv smiled and went to the other side of the bed to wake up Elliot.

"Baby, wake up" Liv shook him. He mumbled something and rolled over. "Fine I guess i'm gonna take a shower by myself." Liv whispered in his ear. He shot up and rubbed his eyes "I'm up, i'm up!" Liv giggled "Come on" she pulled him into the bathroom...

After their shower and love making they got dressed and Liv went back and went to wake Noah up "Baby time to wake up" he groaned "Mommy I don't feel good" Liv felt his head "Baby you have a fever, I guess no school for you. Your gonna have to come with me and daddy to work." Liv picked him up.

He snuggled into Liv. She smiled and rubbed his back "Go back to sleep baby" he nodded and went back to sleep. Liv walked to Elliot "Noah has a fever, I guess he's gonna have to come to work with us." "I think Don would be okay with that, at least he gets to see his grandson."

He smiled. "Okay, can you pack him some medicine, cough drops, tissues, juice, blanket, and I think that should be it." Elliot laughed "That's a lot." "Well if my baby boy is going to get better he needs all that, so pack all of it." Liv kissed him and went to check on Julia.

"Julia, are you ready to go to school?" "Yeah mom" Julia grabbed her bag. "Can my friend come over today?" "Who's your friend?" "Jak-Jessica" Liv eyed her "Is this "Jessica" a boy?" "Ha no" Julia said nervous. "If it's a boy then no" Julia sighed "Fine" Liv smiled

He can only come over when me and your dad come home" "No mom it's okay. I don't want dad scaring him." Liv laughed "Okay, we should be home around 6. So you can either come to the precinct or go to  Aunt Alex's house. I don't want you home by yourself." "Ugh fine. I'll go to Aunt Alex's house." Liv smiled "Okay, make sure to text me when you get there" Liv kissed her head and hugged her.

"Okay mom" Julia kissed her cheek. Elliot came in with all the stuff "Okay ready to go?" they smiled "Yeah" Liv held Noah closer "Give me the blanket" Elliot handed her the blanket. She wrapped Noah in it and held him "Okay everyone in the car" they left. They dropped Julia off and went to work.

They got to work and Liv walked into Cragen's office with Noah. "Hey Don, Noah is sick and I didn't want to leave him with a sitter, so I brought him here. I hope that was okay." Don smiled "Of course it's okay." Liv smiled "Okay thank you" Liv walked back to her desk with Noah and laid him in her lap.

"Okay baby, take some medicine" Elliot got the medicine out and got juice out. "Open up buddy" Noah whined "Daddy I don't like medicine!" "I know buddy but if you want to get better than you need to take medicine" Noah sighed "Fine" he opened his mouth. He drank the medicine then the juice.

He held back onto Liv "Feel a little better baby?" He nodded yes. Liv smiled and rubbed his back. Munch and Fin walked in "Hey lit-" Munch yelled, but Liv shushed him "He's sick, be quieter please" he gave her an apologetic look. "Sorry" she smiled a little "It's okay"

The rest of the day Liv and Elliot spent doing work and checking on Noah. Liv phone started ringing, it was Julia. Liv picked up.

"Hi baby, are you at Aunt Alex's?" "Yeah mom" "Can I talk to her?" "Uh...um she's in the bathroom" "You aren't there are you? Don't lie to me Julia" "Okay i'm sorry. I'm home." "Jules you know how I feel about you being home by yourself" "Mom it's okay, my friends with me" "Who's your friend?" "Jake...the guy that was going to come over later.." "Julia" Liv said in a warning tone. "Mom we aren't going to do anything. I promise." Liv sighed "Fine. But we'll be home later. Make sure the doors are locked and the alarm is on. There's snacks and some left over pasta in the fridge." "Okay mom, I love you" Liv laughed "I love you too baby. Be good, no funny business. We'll be home in an hour and a half" "You got it detective" Julia laughed. Liv smiled "Okay bye baby" "Bye mom" Julia hung up.

Liv sighed and looked at Noah "Hey buddy, are you feeling better" he jumped up "YEAH MOMMA! I'm much better!" He ran to Elliot "Daddy I want a piggy back ride!" Elliot laughed "Okay buddy, get on" Elliot kneeled in front of him and Noah jumped on his back.

Elliot got up "Jeez i'm too old for this" Liv giggled "Your not old" he smiled and carried Noah around. "DADDY THIS IS SO FUN!" He yelled. "Bud why are you yelling?" Elliot laughed "I don't know, I just feel much better!" Elliot smiled "That's good buddy" Liv looked at her watch "Time to go home!" Liv packed all the stuff and cleaned up her desk "Let's go" they left and went home.

They walked in and Julia and Jake were sitting on the couch watching tv. Liv laughed a little "Hey baby, we're home" Julia smiled "Hi, this is Jake. Jake these are my parents and my little brother Noah." He smiled "It's nice to meet you Mr. and Mrs. Stabler, and you too Noah." Liv smiled

"It's nice meeting you too" "Well I think I should get going. It's getting late, and I didn't want to leave Julia by herself so that's why I stayed, I hope I didn't get her in trouble or anything." Liv smiled "No it's okay. Bye Jake." He waved and left.

Elliot brought Noah to the bathroom "Bath time!" Liv sat on the couch next to Julia.

"How was your day?" "It was good...but um...this lady she came up to me...she said she was my mom. But I know that's not true. But mom she scared me."

TBC

Instagram| @benslership