Chapt. 1: Laundry Room

It was 2 am.

2:08 am, to be exact.

Beca was barely awake but, she wasn't going to bed any time soon. Considering she really can't move (even if she wanted to, which she doesn't) because - well - it's literally 2 degrees in her dorm room, and if she does move, all her limbs will freeze and she'll be paralyzed until her roommate Emily comes back.

There's not much to do here at Barden University when it's 2am and class doesn't start till ten; for beca.

Any normal college student would go off down the street and buy some pizza, satisfying the late night munchies but - we all know Beca's not a normal college student.

So what does beca do? She flops around in bed for a while, creating a higher body temp. So she can actually get out of bed. Then she starts picking up clothes off the floor, throwing them into a basket, puts on a hoodie and sweats and proceeds to the downstairs laundry room.

Entertaining, yeah?

No, not for beca. Emily is the responsible one in this relationship. Not that they're actually in one, it's just a- that's not the point. The point is that beca is in the Barden laundry room - doing laundry, on a Saturday night when she should be out partying, drinking, taking her top off- okay maybe not the last part but, there is a thick line between staying home and staying home and studying and beca crossed it tonight.

"You've got to fucking be kidding me?" Beca grumbled, shifting around her sweat pockets, realizing she forgot quarters for laundry. Yes, even though your paying a maximum of thirty sex thousand dollars to go to college, you still have to pay a dollar to clean your clothes.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck" Beca muttered, only this time it was louder. Clearly she wasn't concerned about the people sleeping.

"Shit, shit, shit" Beca muttered again, still hopping to find some quarters. Because if she goes back to her room she's not coming out until she has to.

"Do you always curse in three's?" Another college student quipped. Beca must've been so caught up in finding some dang quarters she didn't even notice the other body roam into the laundry room.

Beca quickly snapped her head around seeing a ginger with a low cut shirt, high bun, and tight - very tight shorts. But, her gaze slowly made its way to the stack of quarters standing on top of the dryer right by the red head.

"No. Do you always carry around loads of quarters." Beca sneered back, hoping this would make the girl stop talking to Beca. That plan ended when the girl responded,

"Only when I have to." That's when the girls head spun around, revealing the bluest eyes and the most seductive grin. You could say that Beca was, in fact, paralyzed. Of course she's seen hot girls before but - not one like this.

"Cool, while you build a gang of quarters I'm gonna get some from my dorm room. Make sure no one touches my stuff" Beca demanded. Setting the basket atop of the washer.

"Don't get your panties in a bunch, here, take four of mine," the girl offered, grabbing four of her own quarters and setting them down besides Beca's basket. Beca, without hesitation, walked back over to her basket, grabs the quarters, and hands them back over to the girl.

"Thanks for the offer but, I can get my own quarters"

"Beca c'mon their just quarters, stop being a Debby Downer. It's 2am, loosen up." She chortled.

Instead of starting with the fact that t-this stranger, just called Beca a Debby Downer - she'll start with how in the hell this girl knows her name.

"How do you know my name?" Beca cocked and eyebrow, folding her arms - impatiently waiting for a response.

"Your in my biology class."

"....."

"Mr. Floy'ed"

"....."

"I sit at the table to the left of you"

"Still doesn't explain how you know my name." Beca argued back, after being purposely silent.

"Well, mhh I don't know, maybe it's because you always sleep during class and Floy'ed always has to yell at you to wake up." Chloe shoot back, causing beca to gnaw at the inside of her cheek.

"My names-"

"Hey do you guys think you could do your laundry talk somewhere else, or in the morning? I'm trying to study."

"Shut up Leo, we all know your not studying." Chloe sneered, throwing her clothes into the washer.

Beca let out a side chuckle.

"I'll take those quarters now."