Chapt. 13: ...

'What do I do?'

Chloe thought.

'Where do I go from here?'

'HOW do I even go on?'

It hadn't been no longer than 10 minutes since Beca left Chloe's dorm. Chloe's been as stiff as a tree stump since the kiss that was exchanged between her and her co-captain. Not knowing what to do, she texted her closest friend—aside from Aubrey—Stacie.

Chloe [10:27 a.m.]: can you come to my dorm, it's an emergency

Stacie [10:27 a.m.]: yeah, I'll be there in 5!

Right at 10:32 Stacie entered into Chloe's room, using the spare key Chloe gave her freshman year. Stacie noticed right away that something happened.

"What happened?" Stacie asked.

Chloe was hesitant but then remembered she asked Stacie over so she could discuss this and, shutting her out would defeat the whole purpose of her being here and trying to help her.

"I.. we... me and Beca, we uh, we kissed." Chloe stuttered out. Stacie fought with herself to not scream and tease Chloe because it's so obvious that the redhead has had feelings for the brunette ever since they met.

"How did this happen?"

"Well, basically, she came over asking me what's wrong, one thing led to another and, she leaned in and kissed me..." Chloe let the last sentence roll out. If Stacie was to be honest, she wasn't surprised they kissed, she is surprised though that Beca was the one who leaned in; I mean, Beca doesn't really seem like someone who would initiate anything really, especially a kiss.

"Beca leaned in?"

"Yeah."

"Beca kissed you?"

"Yes"

"Beca initiated the kiss?"

"Yes, Stacie. Why is that so hard to believe?"

"Because Beca's never kissed anyone!" Stacie shouted out, and for the first time Chloe realized that she was Beca's first kiss. This caused her to smile a little, knowing that Chloe's name would become a big part of Beca's future, because who wouldn't want to know someone's first kiss. Chloe then fell back into her previous state.

"Well, Chloe... Do you love her?"

Chloe knew the answer. She's been known the answer but never admitted it.

"Yes... but, she's not mine to love."

"What do you mean?"

"She has a boyfriend, Stacie." Chloe said and Stacie watched as a tear rolled down Chloe's cheek. Stacie knew that Beca controlled Chloe's feelings but she didn't know it was this bad and to think Stacie didn't notice her best friend was hurting and she covered it with all her might.

"She kissed you though, doesn't that mean something?" Stacie questioned.

"Maybe, but I've got class right now so I'll see you later." Chloe brushed off the thought, even though she's hoping that the kiss did mean something and that the fact that she was Beca's first kiss will impact her future.

Chloe left her dorm room to go to her psychology class, the one that Beca would also be attending, that's if she decides to go.

•••

I'm aware this chapter is short but I wanted to get something out. Spring break is coming up so I might get at least 5-7 (good) chapters out, and I know every time I say I'm going to start updating more, I don't update for weeks. I'm doing my best it's just I'm busy all the time with school and sports. I'm going to do my best to write this spring break and get all caught up so I can be able to give you guys a good chapter on Easter :)