Chapt. 6: Sticking up for friends

So this ones a bit long but, I haven't updated in a while so - it's worth it for you guys 😉.

"Test, tommorow! I expect you all to study and get passing grades. Especially you Mitchell."

"Whatever you say Franko."

Beca grabbed her bag and stuffed her book In it. She was moving frantically so she could hurry up and get over to her psychology class, hoping to catch Chloe in the way. Chloe's body language was off the last time they spoke and Beca was curious as to why.

Emily caught up with Beca on her way there.

"Hey chicken nugget." Emily said, pulling down on her backpack straps, causing the backpack to move upwards on Emily's back; giving her better stability.

"Hey em- wait what?"

"Nugget, I learned it in History last period. The chicken nugget was invented in the 1950s by Robert C. Baker, a food science professor-"

"Yeah, um, I'm not interested in knowing the history behind a chicken nugget."

"What!? I thought it was your favorite food?"

"It is, but I'm not very fond of learning my foods backgrounds."

"Your not fond of learning anything." Emily muttered, luckily Beca wasn't capable of making it out so she ignored it.

Luckily the awkward silence that was being shared by the two, was interrupted by Jesse's bud Benjamin Applebaum. Benji was a straight A student (like Emily), he enjoyed the occasion book (like Emily), loved learning new things (like Emily), and, he was a skilled magician (somewhat like Emily).

"Hey Beca and-" Benji paused. Mostly because he didn't know the girls name, but also that her was token back by her beauty. Benji likes inner beauty more than outer, although Emily's face was making be his knees cringe. He swallowed his pride; he didn't enjoy letting other people get to him like that.

Beca instantly acknowledged how Benji was acting, stretching he collar, fixing his hair, licking his lips and, letting one of his legs hang loose so his pants would un-tighten (gross).

"This is Emily. Emily this is Benjamin."

"Hi. Call me Benji, or binj, or whatever you want, it ca-"

"Okay, Benji."

Oh, and - just like Emily - Benji's incapable of ceasing when he's speaking.

"Hi, I'm Emily. Emily Junk."

They were both staring into each others eyes. It was an awkward stare, not a passionate one. It was though, a special one.

"Alright well, I've got class so I'll leave you two for each other."

Beca said as she patted Benji's shoulder and headed towards her next class.

•••

"I'm not- I don't- it just like, when s- when she told me he was her boyfriend, it was like- like someone stabbed me in my side."

Stacie was always taught when she was younger - is that you always wait when someone's in an emotional state. Like if their crying, angry or feeling/expressing anything of emotions, just wait it out. It's mandatory you don't ask them what their upset about - or - what's bothering them, that only makes them think about the problem and it usually results in more of the emotion being shed.

So, what does Stacie do? Stacie waits; luckily the waiting only lasted about 20 or so minutes. After Stacie caught Chloe in her arms - she brought her over to lay her head on Stacie's lap, rubbing Chloe's hair until she calmed down. Stacie kind of had an idea of what Chloe might be going through. It's not something she imagined would ever happen - again - to Chloe.