Him

Edit!!!: if you are new to this story, this version of it is very confusing! Skip to the end for a better story. Feel free to read this one anyway!

~Starbeam

Moon was running through the rainforest, hopeless to find a way out. There was trees everywhere and dragons at every turn. The strange part about it, was that almost every dragon was her friends or, at least, someone she knew.

Moonwatcher ran into one large SkyWing and Moon stumbled away from all of the hurtful thoughts. She kept running and running when the ground started shaking violently, making Moon fall onto her side. She attempted to get up, but cold talons held her down.

"Tell us!" A familiar IceWing snarled. Moon looked around and saw Kinkajou, all right and fine, Qibli...and Winter.

"What are you doing back here?" She asked him and he pushed his rigid talons deeper into her wings, making Moon yelp.

"You'd better tell us right now, or I'll kill you!" Winter shouted and Moon slammed her eyes closed. What was going on? Why did she feel this way? Why couldn't she just admit to herself that he was gone?

"No!" She yelled and Winter brought his large talons onto her neck.

Moonwatcher jumped to her feet and tried to catch her breath. Slowly, it came back into her lungs and she calmed down a little.

Moon sat down and looked around. She was still in the gardens of Possibility, but it was nighttime and two full moons shined in the sky. Everything that just happened was a dream...wasn't it? Was it all real? Is she dreaming now? Is any of this real?

Moon clutched her head and laid back down on the soft grass. She was starting to get a slow, achy headache and it was getting worse the more she thought about Winter.

Winter, the dragon that left her so he could take his brother back home. The dragon that left one of his best friends in a coma-like state. The dragon that broke Moon's heart.

No! Why do I feel that way? He never liked me! He insulted me, bullied me, and said our whole friendship was a lie. Why do I feel like it was real, though? Moon thought to herself. She didn't know what to think anymore.

Moon curled up, wrapping her tail around her talons and pulling her wings close. She knew that she wouldn't be able to fall asleep, not after that dream.

"Moon?" a familiar voice called. Moon picked up her head, hoping it was Winter, but she soon found out that it was just Qibli.

"Yeah?" She asked, ignoring the pain in her head as she stood up.

"Mayfly said to tell you that Kinkajou is improving, or so it seems. She has stirred in her sleep and seems like she tried to wake up one or twice. Do you want to go see her?" Qibli finished in his normal, soft voice that was full of care.

"Yeah. I'll go check on her and we can leave tomorrow night." Moon got up and walked to the clinic, pushing back the sadness that lingered in her chest. She wasn't going to let her feelings for Winter get in the way anymore.

"Hello, Moonwatcher! Kinkajou has improved greatly, as Qibli just told you. We have a place to sleep in here if you want." Mayfly offered and Moon nodded.

"That would be very nice of you. Thank you." And Moon walked go Kinkajou's side. The small RainWing was still white, but small spots of green and yellow were appearing in some places.

Moon brushed her wing with Kinkajou's and walked into the sleeping room next to the room that the little RainWing was kept in. Moon curled up on the leaf hammock and closed her eyes. None of the pieces to anything fit togeather.

The prophecy says that we need to find the lost city of night, but if it's lost, then how will we find it? And what does Darkstalker have to do with this? If I find his talisman and release him, will he destroy Jade Mountain? What happens of I don't release him? Moon's mind questioned many things until she finally calmed herself down. She pulled her wings closer around herself and fell into another nightmare filled sleep.

************************************

Moon woke up and shielded her eyes from the burning sun. Did she actually fall asleep? She didn't remember, but all she knew was she had the same nightmare.

Moon got up and streched, her starry wings brushing the wood on the walls. The wood seemed old, but everything here seemed old.

Moon walked out into the room that held Kinkajou and she saw Qibli was sitting at her side, looking blankly out the window.

"Qibli?" Moon asked, waving a talon in front of his face as he jumped with suprise.

"Moon! Oh, it's you. I didn't hear you get up." Qibli looked at the window once more before turning his attention to Moon.

"You didn't seem like you would've heard anything!" Moon joked and he smiled.

"Just...deep in thought. How'd you sleep?" He asked, a little too casually for Moon's liking.

"What's going on? I can tell something is bothering you, so don't try to deny it." Moon said firmly and he sighed.

"So much has happened over the past few days, Moon. I don't know what to do anymore. I know you want to solve the prophecy, but we don't even know where to start, or what to look for, for that matter." He sighed and shook his head as he looked at Kinkajou.

"I know, but we need to do this or hundreds, or thousands, or dragons would die! That's why we just need to look around. Ask some other dragons, just think. Use that big brain of yours and do some good!" Moon tried her best at encouraging, but didn't think she got anywhere.

Qibli smiled and wrapped his tail around hers. Moon thought uncomfortably about Winter and how he would've felt if he saw the two of them sitting in there like this.

No more! Moon thought to herself. I'm not going to let my feelings consume me!