Cages

Coldness. Darkness. Pain. That was all she felt.

Moon opened her eyes, her breath coming in shallow puffs. Her breath looked like smoke, but it was thick enough to cut with sharp talons.

Where was she? All she felt was cold. She was shivering and the blood on her back froze. Her head throbbed and her eyesight was fuzzy, but she could stand.

Moon slipped on the ice under her silver talons, so she dug them into the freezing ice.

"Wh-where am I?" She asked, her teeth chattering. She was shivering harder now. Her ears, tail and nose felt numb. Shd couldn't feel her front talons and her back talons were close behind.

"Well, I'm glad you finally woke up," Someone hissed outside the cage she was kept in. Moon tried to focus, but her breath made it hard to see through the bars.

"You know, I thought I could trust Hailstorm. I thought he was the same as before. I could tell him anything because I knew he wouldn't be a coward like Winter," Icicle hissed. Moon snapped her gaze to the IceWings' and frowned.

"I-I don't u-understand," Moon shivered. She felt her back legs go numb in the coldness. Dragons like her weren't meant to be here. This climate was built for IceWings.

"I saw Winter leave the mountains with a NightWing. He was perfectly fine. Not even a scratch and you know where he was headed?" When Moon gave no response, Icicle smiled wickedly. "He was headed toward the Kingdom of Sand. He would never do that. He's too weak."

"W-Winter is n-not weak!" Moon snapped at Icicle. She threw her head back and laughed, a laugh that was dry and humerus. Empty, like there was no soul attached to it. Moon wouldn't be surprised if Icicle didn't have a soul, either.

"You don't understand our ways here, do you?" Icicle asked. She was now frowning. Moon wondered what was happening. What was it she said about her brother? That she had to kill him. Scarlet didn't have him and Winter left with him. He should've followed and if he didn't...if he didn't make it...what would happen then?

"A-all I r-really understand is t-the circles you h-have to k-keep everything organized," Moon shoved out. She was now losing her grip on the ice. She couldn't feel her feet or legs. Her wings were numb, but she could feel them violently shaking.

"Well, your not wrong. That is true, but do you know what we do to traitors?" Icicle asked menacingly. Moon shook her head as best as she could, her neck now numb.

"Y-you banish t-them?" She shivered more violently. Icicle laughed once more, her scales shining where the light orb was floating over her shoulder. She was a skinny IceWing, but fit. She could outrun many things by how she looked, and if Moon tried to escape she didn't know what the IceWing would do to her.

Moon also realized something else. She couldn't hear the dragons thoughts. That terrified her. What was she thinking?

"No. We have to kill them," Icicle said, frowning. "It's a sickness. If one dragon does it, then others would join them. So we make it a public execution. We kill them in front of everyone in the kingdom, letting them know what that did to deserve this," She explained further and Moon gave a weak gasp. That was sick. The NightWings just banished you.

"I-I can't be-believe it! T-thats not r-right. I d-don't mean t-to be judgemental, b-but that s-sounds scary t-to watch," Moon said, trying to see Icicles reaction. She just nodded sadly.

"It is." She paused and closed her eyes for a second. "We found my brother in his room. He was looking out the window, looking guilty. He knew that we would find out. He was a traitor." Moon stepped back, her back legs slipping so she was now sitting down.

"He g-got killed?" Moon asked, attempting to stand up again. Icicle grimaced at her and nodded.

"And I had to do it," She said quietly. Moon stared at her. She spent so much time trying to save her brother, and now he was dead, by her talons. "That was when I decided to go find Winter's..."friends" and I found you. I can't believe he was traveling with a NightWing of all dragons!" She gave Moon a cold glare and went to walk off. Moon gathered all of her strength and pushed herself to the frozen metal bars keeping her in here.

"What is going to happen with me?" Moon called, keeping herself from shivering for a few moments. Icicle turned in the last part of light and gave Moon a wicked smile.

"Well, you're going to die." And she slithered into the shadows.

Moon walked back into her cell and saw a bed. It was made of ice, but had wood to keep it in one place. Moon then had an idea as she shakily pulled them out of the ground and put them in a pile in the center of the room.

The wood was about as long as the room so Moon broke them and hid some other pieces. She didn't care if they smelled smoke, all she knew was that there was no guards around. She heard other prisoners thoughts, many of them IceWings, but she couldn't hear Icicles. It gave her a bad feeling about all if this.

She placed the wood in a small pile and gathered some of the last heat inside of her and blew a fire puff on the wood, making it start to burn immediately. Light filled the room a little more, but there was nothing to look at. Moon knew she was underground. That's why there was no windows.

After Moon could feel all of her limbs again, she curled up around the fire, putting her wing around it so she would stay warm all night. Moon knew her friends were trying to find her, but they didn't know where to look.

The light at the end of the cavern was going down and Moon knew the sun was setting. In the morning Qibli and Moon were supposed to leave, with of without Winter. She was so close to him right now, he wondered if he was looking for her. She doubted it.

All she could do now was dream. Dream about her mother. Dream about her friends. Dream about everything she was about to lose. All she could do was dream.

One more day, Winter.

Yay! Another chapter! Now we can see Moon's point of view. Idk what the pattern is going to be, but it might just be random, whatever I think fits the rest of the story at the time. Anyway, HAVE A NICE DAY/NIGHT and I'll see you later my dragonets!

~Starbeam