Left

Winter watched Moon look after Kinkajou in the clinic. The little RainWing was improving every day, but Foeslayer was getting impatient.

"Can't we use magic to wake her?" She asked, pacing outside of the window. Winter snorted and Moon glared at her.

"No! This is the hundredth time I'm going to tell you this! These things take time. You could use magic, but the outcome is danegrous!" Moon saw Qibli looking in behind Foeslayer and he looked confused. Moon rolled her eyes at him and he he nodded.

Why can't I just kill that dragonet? Why don't I just kill them all? They are worthless to me! I need to find my son and then we can get back to the city. Foeslayer thought to herself. Moon flinched a little and glared at the NightWing that was walking away.

"I heard that!" Moon called after her.

"It's not a private thought if someone else hears it!" Foeslayer called back, smirking.

"Calm down, Moon. She's not worth your...anger?" Winter said. Moon gave him a quizzical look and shook her head.

"Why did that sound like a question?"

"It's not easy to tell when your angry! And if that was anger, it was kind of cute." Winter stated and he just missed Moon's tail.

"Three moons, that was cheesy." She said and Winter snorted.

"When isn't it?" He wrapped her tail arund his and Moon felt something she had never felt before.

This is the dragon I want to spend the rest of my life with. Not Qibli, Not Turtle, not even Kinkajou. Winter is the only dragon for me. She thought to herself and Winter was thinking the same thing.

They smiled at eachother for a second before Foeslayer darted back into the clinic.

"The RainWing is awake. Let's go!" She barked. Winter glared at her.

"I said when she is well enough to travel. Not right as she wakes up!" Moon informed a very impatient NightWing.

"Come on, Moon. Let's go see her and actually see how well she is." Winter helped and Moon laughed a little. They walked past Foeslayer who bared her large teeth.

They both walked into the clinic and right away saw a super bright yellow and pink.

"THREE MOONS WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG?" Kinkajou yelled happily. "Gosh! That felt like forever!" She stood up, but flinched - her scales turning a little green - and sat back down.

"Kinkajou!" Moon said with relief as she rushed to the RainWings side. She beamed happily as Winter walked up as well.

"That was a scary dragon," Kinkajou muttered, recalling the memory of the giant, scary NightWing. Moon figured out - if had a theory - on how the dragon got so strong.

"Winter!" Moon said suddenly. He jumped and looked at her.

"Give me that pouch that had the weird Pyrite mask," Moon said and Winter looked at her uncertainly.

"Are you sure?" He asked and Moon stared at him.

"I'm not going to put it on!" She told him. "I'm just going to see if my theory I right!"

(Maybe a spoiler if you haven't read the seventh book!!! Well, I should've told you this earlier, but people seem to be enjoying it...so enjoy!)

Winter pulled out the pouch and handed it to Moon.

"Qibli!" She called and Qibli came into the clinic and saw Kinkajou. He brushed his wing with her's.

"Yeah, Moon?" He saw the pouch and looked at it uncertainly. Moon saw the confused look on Kinkajou's face and filled her in with everything.

"I need to see if this is what I really think it is," Moon said as she untied the knot. She really didn't want her theory to be correct, but what could she do about it?

Moon took out a crinkled piece of paper and smoothed it out on the floor. She read the instructions and gasped when she realized what it was. It was part of Darkstalkers scroll.
(Just a theory)

"What?" Kinkajou asked and Moon couldn't believe what she was seeing.

No! That means Scarlet has the real scroll, and that NightWing that we got attacked by has it! Darkstalker might be stuck in there forever. Moon thought sadly. Qibli grabbed the piece if paper and still looked confused.

"What do you see in it? It looks like a piece of paper from a scroll. How is that important?" He asked as he put the paper back in the bag.

"It matters because if we don't find the scroll that goes with it, we might - no will be in big trouble," Moon explained what Darkstalker told her, but left out the idea of freeing him. She didn't know how that was going to work out.

Winter looked even more confused than Qibli, but Moon didn't find that possible so she changed the subject.

"So, Kinkajou! How are you feeling?" She asked and the RainWing shrugged.

"I've been better, but now it's even better! We're getting closer to solving the prophecy!" She yelped and Moon nodded. The sun was starting to go down so Moon tucked in the dragonet and walked out with Winter and Qibli. Winter twined his tail around hers and pulled Moon to the side. She waved to Qibli as he walked away.

"What's going on, Moon? I understood most of that, but what is so important about Darkstalker? He's been dead for centuries!" Winter said and Moon shook her head.

"That's just what the scrolls want you to think. I've seen inside of his head, Winter. I know he isn't lying about this. The only think I'm not quite sure about is his location." Moon went deep into thought and just barley noticed when Winter started to talk again.

"That's why we need to work togeather, got it? No you, me, Qibli, or Kinkajou. It's just us. And especially us." Winter put a wing around Moon and she smiled.

We'll work on the prophecy later. Right now, this is what I have to remember.

Yes, I know. Very confusing. I totally forgot that I had Kinkajou wake up earlier in the book, so yeah! That's what happens when you write like this at five in the morning. I just re-read the whole thing and noticed this. Sorry! But don't forget to vote and please check out The Gift. I've worked hard on it so far and I would like to see your feedback!! HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!