Awakening

"Don't you think you're going a little too far with this?" The shadow asked the NightWing. She shook her head as Moon kept climbing forwards. She still didn't know why she couldn't wake up, and she truly didn't want to know. If it was something awful that would bring her friends pain, then...she didn't know what she would do.

"I have to...help them!" Moon cried out as the giant monster tried to grab her tail, but she dodged out of the way. She went to fly up, but right as she opened her wings, she winced and saw darkness surrounding her.

"Three moons, you are a persistent one. Usually others just give up at this point and accept their fate. Why are you trying so hard?" It asked her and she shrugged, attempting to sit as straight as she could so she looked braver than she actually felt. It was quiet in her own head. She couldn't read the mind of anyone outside or even the creature in front of her.

"My friends are waiting for me, that's why," she responded and turned back to the light at the very edge of her mind. She just needed to distract this monster enough where she could start getting closer to it, but when she's close enough, just sprint and make it to the end.

But every time she got close, it seemed like something was keeping her away. Like the mind she was stuck in didn't want her to leave. Like it hated being alone but it had to deal with it every day. Just like how Moon had to deal with growing up in the forest all alone with no one to talk to. Then an idea dawned on her.

"Wait!" She said to the monster suddenly. "You...you are me, aren't you?" She asked it and it's form started swirling. It took the form of a shadow dragon, her height and her eye color, just not her scales or the happiness inside of her.

It nodded and gave a small smirk. "I wondered when you would figure it out." For being part of Moon, it had a strangely masculine voice. "But I'm not technically you, I resemble your powers of prophecy and telepathy." Moon nodded and glanced back at the door that she was just struggling to get to, but now it didn't seem as interesting as the shadow in front of her.

Moon sat down and nodded. "Do you take the form of any of my feelings?"

The other part of her nodded. "Yes. Your sadness, anger, pain, and greed. You have little greed, but your anger and sorrow are getting bigger as we speak." Moon stuck out her forked tongue and looked down, nodding. That part was true. She was mad. Mad that her friends probably aren't doing anything to help her. That they were probably only staring at her and waiting that a miracle would happen and that they wouldn't need to do anything to help.

She was sad that she was in this situation in the first place. Winter was probably still mad at her and she had no clue why, but Kinkajou was also stuck in her position. She couldn't do anything to help her, either.

"You're right about that," Moon muttered and right as she opened her mouth to say something, white light blinded her. "What's happening?"

The other part of her seemed intrigued. "That's an interesting way to wake someone up."

"What?" Moon cried, the shadow's voice growing faint. "What's happening?"

It only smiled. Moon clenched her eyes closed at the light and waited for the shadow to come get her again, but nothing came. She was lurched into a very quiet place filled with light that hurt her eyes, and blurry figures all around her. Her head was pounding as she lifted up her head, but it didn't feel right.

"What...?" She started, but yelped when it wasn't her own voice. She looked down at her talons and squeaked. They were red. She was red. What in three moon's was going on?!

"Moon!" Qibli said happily and her eyes focused on her friends. "You're awake!"

"But not the Moon we want to see," Turtle said a little sadly. Moon looked down at herself again and spotted a pouch at her neck. She reached it but an anxious green dragon yelped and grabbed Moon's talons.