The Return

Moonwatcher walked into the clinic to gather her thoughts. She liked Qibli, but in a brother-y way. She didn't know what to think anymore.

The sun was high in the sky and Kinkajou was getting better by the hour. Colors were getting more vibrant as she dreamed of happier things. Moon took of the skyfire pouch so she could hear the little RainWings thoughts and dreams to make sure she would wake up.

Moon curled up under an apple tree and started drawing in the dirt. She didn't know what she was doing until it was finished. She sighed and wiped away the smaller picture of Winter in the ground.

Moon stood up and decided to go explore Possibility. The town was small, but it was a pretty city.

She explored the town and saw some MudWings running around. She stopped and watched them as they barreled past, having the time of their life.

Moon kept walking down the dirt street and looked at the sandstone or wood huts. They all looked so old. but had a nice feeling to it.

Moonwatcher finished her day-long exploration and decided to go back to the room that she could sleep in. Moon sighed when she saw Qibli in it. She just had to go back and sleep in the garden...again.

Moon laid down and curled her wings around herself. The sky was getting coated, and what a suprise, it started to rain. It wasn't light rain, either. It was a downpour. Moon was soaked in seconds and she stuck her nose in her talons and let some tears fall.

"Why did you leave?" She whispered to herself. Loud thunder crackled across the sky and she flinched, putting her wings up to shield the rain from her face, but it didn't help. The wind blew it straight at her and she stood up in frustration. She stamped around in the mud for a few seconds before going under a much larger oak tree. It rain was still hitting her pretty hard, but it wasn't as bad.

Moon curled up against the trunk of the tree and decided that sleep was the best thing that she could have right now.

************************************

Moon woke up from the same nightmare, but this time something was strange about it. She actually felt the cold talons touching her. It was then that she realized what was happening.

Moon leaped to her feet and faced Winter, who looked quite happy, but devastated at the same time.

He backed up when he saw the anger in her eyes, but he reached for her. Moon backed away.

"What...why...?" She stuttered, still angry about him leaving and hurting her.

"Look, I know...I messed up. I never wanted to leave. I want to be your-" Moon cut Winter off. She did not need to hear this right now.

"My friend? Well, I thought that I was just a 'NightWing following you around'." Moon quoted. "I can believe this. Jsut...give me more time to think. We were about to leave tonight, but Qibli passed out, so I'm going to be here for a while." And Moon stomped into the rainy night, leaving Winter speechless.

Moon didn't know what to think about this whole thing. How was this ever going to work out if he didn't like her back? Why is any of this happening? How is he back?

Moon put her nose in the mud, in attempt to stop her whirling thoughts (don't ask. I'm getting writers block) but it didn't work. She still had the feeling that she needed to go back to him, but what would she say?

"Winter, I'm sorry for that...I didn't mean it...please forgive me?" Moon reasoned with herself while pacing around in the rain, her black scales slick with water.

"No, that's too...strange. Winter, I forgive you for leaving...but do you forgive me?" She let out a loud, frustrated sigh and sat down, not caring about the rain or storm anymore. Her love just came back, but why was it so strange? Why was it suddenly hard to talk to him? She yelled with frustration - lucky no one was around to hear - and flopped onto her back, making a loud splash in the process.

"Moon?" Said a quiet, but familiar voice behind her. She stood on her feet, but looked at her talons. "Are you okay?"

"I don't know..." Moon admitted. "Everything now is so...strange. I never wanted you to leave. I'm not mad at you!" Moon blurted. She was surprised by her openness.

"Really?" Winter asked, sounding suprised.

"Yeah," Moon said. "I-I care about you, Winter...three moons, this sounds cheesy." She sat down and Winter took a step forward so they were in front of eachother.

"No, it doesn't," Winter said boldly. "No matter how much I hate to admit this, but I care about you, too. Moonwatcher...I-I love you." Winter choked out and Moon's head shot up.

Him love me? No! How was it possible? I guess that explains the constant 'looking at you and imaging that Qibli never existed' look. Moon felt like a fool that she was so blind, but before she could say anything else Winter got up and cursed himself.

"Stupid stupid stupid! Why would she ever love me?" He muttered to himself but Moon grabbed his tail. Winter turned around, clearly suprised.

"I love you too, Winter. No matter how cheesy this sounds, I will always." Moon leaned forward and their snouts touched. Her heart exploded with happiness as they stood there, actually kissing. Now Moon wouldn't have to deal with those nightmares anymore.

Moon pulled away when she heard a loud squeal and loud flapping. Winter looked at her and they had the same thought.

"Qibli!" They said at the same time as they took to they sky.