After All

Moon woke up when she heard some strange noises. She stood up, now faintly remembering everything that happened in the past three days. She looked over her shoulder and saw Qibli standing up. Moon ducked down as he walked over to Winter.

"Winter?" Qibli asked and Moon just realized he was the one making strange noises and twitching.

Winter shot up and growled at Qibli. Winter looked around and there was something new in his eyes. Was it fear?

Winter growled at Qibli when he noticed that he was the one who woke him up.

"What do you want, Qibli?" He asked, looking over at Moon in the process. At this point, she laid down and was pretending to be asleep so she could eavesdrop.

"I want to know what was going on in your head because you were making tons of strange noises and twitching like mad," Qibli said and Winter groaned.

"It was just a dream," He once again looked over at Moon. "It was nothing." Qibli gave him a suspicious look, then started toward Moon. He shook her shoulder and she opened her eyes.

"What?" She murmured. Moon didn't want to do anything else right now. She was exhausted and really didn't want to deal with a stubborn IceWing.

"I think Winter needs to talk to someone," Qibli said simply and Moon stood up.

"Okay," Moon said, rubbing her eyes and walking over to Winter. She sat down next to him and tried to meet his eyes, but he kept looking away.

"What's bugging you?" She asked him, fully aware that Qibli was listening intently in the forest.

Winter shook his head, "I don't want to talk right now. Not with you, not with anyone." Moon sighed and she shook out her wings.

"You have to. If you dont, then you won't feel better," Moon reasoned further. Winter shook his head once again.

"It was brutal, okay? That's all I'm telling." Winter flicked his tail and Moon grabbed it with her own. He pulled away almost instantly and Moon felt a pang of hurt in her chest.

"Winter," Moon said more sternly. "You need to talk." She was almost about to walk away when he didn't respond, but he did.

"You were there. Qibli was there. Kinkajou was there. Turtle was there. And so was Foeslayer. They were all arguing, and you tried to stop it, but no one listened. They kept fighting and you waked through the middle of it. I didn't want to, but I attacked you and everyone else. I started to run, but there was this dark laughter behind me. It was ringing in my head and I can still hear it," Winter explained and Moon felt her heart stop for a moment. She heard laughter as she slept last night too.

"Okay, we're making progress. Where was this?" Moon asked, trying her best to comfort the IceWing, but nothing worked.

"Here. Right here. All I know was that I've heard that laughter before," Winter said and he scrunched up his face. He was thinking pretty hard when they all heard a loud thump behind them.

"I'm glad you noticed," said a very feminine voice behind them. Moon spun around and was facing a very large NightWing. Winter did a low growl in his throat.

"Foeslayer," Winter hissed. The large dragon nodded.

"Yes indeed. I was suprised that you didn't follow me. So this is the dragonet that you have been talking about," Foeslayer said and flicked a wing toward Moon. Moon looked at Winter and he looked at his talons.

"What?" Moon asked as the other dragon looked toward her.

"I can see you are a mind reader," Foeslayer said as she saw the teardrops by her eyes. Moon nodded when she heard the NightWings thoughts turn cirtical.

"Why have you come back?" Winter asked, and Foeslayer laughed. It wasn't full of happiness, it was empty like no soul was attached to it.

"Because I need her to get me to the City of Night," Foeslayer explained and she flicked her tail at Moon. Right as she said that Winter took a step in front of Moon, putting his wing around her.

"No! You're not going to take Moon. Not from me, or Qibli. Just go to the city yourself." Winter was acting so brave, even after his nightmare. Moon felt comfortable to be around him, to be around such a strong dragon.

"Well, you are just a little dragonet, and I'm a full dragon with experience of fighting," Foeslayer said, menacingly lashing her tail.

"I will go with you," Moon started and Winter gave her a worried look. "When my other friend wakes up and is well enough to travel," Moon finished. Qibli sighed with relief because still, the little RainWing wasn't close to waking up.

"Is that all?" Foeslayer mocked and Moon shook her head.

"My friends have to come with. Including the RainWing that's in a coma. We can't leave without her," Moon said and the other NightWing nodded.

"Sounds fair enough. Let me know when we can leave. I want to get out of this place. It's starting to make me feel like someone is watching me," and with that, Foeslayer took off towards the top of a mountain. Winter turned to Moon and gave her a worried look.

"What?" She asked and he sighed.

"You didn't just make that deal, did you?" Winter was now pacing.

"I did. What's the big deal about it anyway? And three moons, stop pacing. You're making me dizzy," Moon said and she shook her head to clear it a little better.

"She's an awful travel buddy. Nonstop talking. Anything I bring up, she has a three hour talk about one of her stories. Plus, I don't trust her. She's a strange dragon," Winter said, wrapping his cold, pale tail around Moon's.

"I know you don't," Moon said soothingly to him. "But you have to trust me to make this call. I think this is what the prophecy was telling us to do." Winter nodded and looked at the moon, high in the sky.

"Well, we just have to wait and see."

this story turned into more of an eighth book. I don't know if I want to continue. It's not about Moon and Winter anymore. It has it's own storyline. Tell me what you want. HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!