Endless Nightmares

Moon stirred as she was trying to wake up, but couldn't. Her mind was telling her to stay asleep, to stay trapped in this endless pit of darkness that no dragon has escaped.

She tried running away, but right before she made it, the beast inside the darkness grabbed her and shoved her back in, making it harder every time.

Moon was ready to give up. She didn't want to try if it wouldn't do anything. She didn't care if she would finally be part of the darkness that awaited her, at least she would have a reason to keep trying.

Moon walked through the passageways of her head, making sure that no beast was beyond any of them. She then made a run for it. She finally said it; the light that she had been waiting for, just a tails length away. If she could just reach a little further....

The darkness claimed her once again, brining her back into the deepest part of her own mind. The part where the nightmares were real and dreams were only fairytales.

Screaming. Fire. Death. Destruction. It surrounded her. Her friends were dead and she couldn't help it. The visions were getting worse every day, making it seem like there was no upside to this madness. And there probably wasn't. She was just getting her hopes up for nothing, but at least she still had that left. Her hope.

Moon sat down, letting the scene unfurl in front of her. That was also something she had been doing. She started studying the nightmares. She then put them all together into one big picture, even if it made no sense.

Moon thought that every dream, or nightmare, was another piece to the puzzle that would help her escape. She wanted so desperately to be awake again, to be able to live and see her friends and family before anything bad happened. She just wanted to go home.

Home. Her home was in the Rainforest Kingdom where her mother raised her. She loved her mother and friends.

Friends. Qibli the SandWing. Kinkajou the RainWing. Turtle the SeaWing. And Winter the IceWing.

Winter. A dragon that she didn't know how to feel about. Moon had seen so many visions of him dying, she didn't know how to see him anymore. The strong IceWing was now getting crushed by a boulder, Moon trying to pry her eyes away. She knew she couldn't go help him. He was only an image that her mind put there.

Why can't this be over? She whispered in her head. And since she was actually in her head, it echoed around, louder than what it actually was to begin with.

Moon sighed as the nightmare ended, giving her some peace. But the voices wouldn't stop. She could barely make out what the voices were saying or who was saying them, but like she did all of the time, she would sit by the light and listen to the muffled noises, hoping it would be someone coming to finally save her from her misery.

Moon tensed up as something growled behind her. She saw the light growing. It was slow, but it was actully growing!

The darkness tried growing too. It engulfed Moon and the sold ground she was standing on, but it couldn't go where the light was shining since the light will always win in that battle.

Moon opened her mouth to say something past the never ending shadows, but when she tried to use her voice, nothing came out. The deamon within her was trying to stop her from escaping, but she wouldn't let that happen. Moon would get out of there and she would finally see everyone she loved again no matter how stubborn they can be!

Moon boldly marched up to the light and lifted her chin, digging her claws into the hard ground as she was getting slowly pulled back. She wouldn't let that happen.

Then she lifted a talon to the light, but the deamon gave one more strong pull and she went flying back. The light started to get smaller and smaller.

"NO!" Moon yelled. She suprised herself by doing that. She hadn't been able to talk for however long she had been deep in her head.

Then she froze. Everything froze. The deamon, the light, and even her. She was left there, standing on the ground, talons half into the rock.

Moon pulled her silver crescent talons out of the ground and bolted towards the now brighter light. As she reached it, it heated her scales and lit up the rest of the darkness in her mind. She was finally free!

Moon slowly opened her eyes in the clinic. It was hotter than she remembered, but that might be because a fire dragon was standing right next to her.

Wait! Moon looked back. Peril was, for sure, sitting there, not catching anything on fire, even the wood she was sitting on.

"Qibli," Moon said, nudging his sleeping form on the ground with her tail. The freckle-nosed SandWing shot to his feet and spun in a tight circle, looking for the danger.

"What? What did you wake me for?" He asked Moon and she frowned.

"Wouldn't you be happy to see me awake?" She asked.

Qibli sat back down, now looking just as confused as she felt. "What are you talking about? You've been awake!" Moon shook her head and looked around the room. Everyone was there, but Winter.

That's when Moon had had enough. She stood up, her legs weak, and she wobbled out the door, not even getting a second glance from the other dragons in the room.

Winter, where are you? Please tell me you're normal! She just hoped. That's all Moon had, after all. Hope.

Then she saw exactly who she was looking for. She darted over to the IceWing, her injuries stinging as she moved them.

Moon wrapped her wings around the very cold dragon, but all he did was shove her away. Moon looked at him, feeling hurt.

"Winter! Aren't you happy to see me?" She asked and he rolled his eyes.

His next few words came out as a snarl. "Why would I ever want to see you?"

"B-becsuse we're friends?" Moon stuttered and Winter barked a laugh. It as dry, like there was no actual soul attached to it.

"Friends? If I'm even seen with you, my reputation would be ruined. Now do me a favor and turn around. Accept your fate you usless dragon!" He yelled and Moon was now more angry than hurt. She was about to fire something back at him, but his form started wavering and...melting.

Moon screamed and backed away, trying not to touch what was left of the person she wasn't supposed to love.

Then she heard a low growl, but it was too late. The deamon clamped onto her tail and brought her back to the darkness and shadows.

Moon sat there, shoulders slumped. She didn't know what she wanted to do now. Everything was gone. Her family, friends...Winter. Everything.

Moon hated to admit this, but her hope was also gone too. The only thing that could've brought the light one more time, now gone. Moon had lost hope and accepted that she would be a being of darkness.

Winter is...

OMG WOW!! Over 3K reads??? First, I just want to thank you so much for sticking with me through this. If I could meet every one of you and thank you personally, I would. But alas, there are far too many amazing people to be able to do that, so I updated this right away once I found out. Sorry if this chapter is a little confusing, I am very tired and I want to sleep, but I wanted to update this more, so here you go! Thank again and HAVE A NICE DAY / NIGHT and I'll see you later my dragonets!!

~Starbeam (Pandora)

Oh, I got a new OC now. I'm going to start singing off like that, so call me what you want!