Darkness

The sun was starting to come up as Winter woke up in a diffrent cave from before.

"What's going on?" He said, wide awake in a second. The large NightWing next to him smirked at his reaction.

"Others tried to raid the cave we were just in, so I decided to fly us to a new cave," she said and Winter gave her a skeptical look.

"How did you get us here?" Winter asked, now easing up a little. His defenses were still up, but not as much as before.

"I flew is here, of course! What do you take me for, an animus?" She barked a laugh and Winter smiled a little.

"Sure," He said sarcastically. "I guess that would be a guess."

"I assure you, little IceWing, I am no animus and I will not hurt you, nor your friends," Foeslayer promised. Winter nodded and stood up. He streched his wings and glittered in the new sunlight pouring into the cave. Foeslayer laughed at him.

"What?" He demanded. Was there something wrong?

"It's just funny. You, a very intimidating, danegrous IceWing, are very glittery. I wouldn't expect that, but I guess if you polish your scales enough it would be much brighter," Foeslayer analyzed. Winter rolled his eyes and walked out of the cave, closely followed by the NightWing.

Winter couldn't help but think of Moon as he went hunting. How she caught that goat on that hunting day. It really amazed him.

Three more days left. Come on, it's only a few hours away, I can do this! It will be an easy flight, just one thing is bothering me.... Winter thought but Foeslayer cut him off.

"What are you thinking about? Your NightWing friend?" She asked and Winter looked away, a little embarrassed.

"A little. And another thing. When we were flying out of the Ice Kingdom, I heard some guards running around, yelling about my sister. She went missing and so did Hailstorm. Again." Winter heaved a sigh as they took off into the sky, heading south.

"What? I thought you plan was to fake being dead by your brother so he would survive at the first circle," Foeslayer asked, following behind him. Winter slowed down a little so he was next to her.

"That's what I thought, but what would have happened to make him go missing, again. And where is my sister? They were both there before we left! I clearly saw Icicle before I went into the trial. And no one would dare hurt my brother because he's in the first circle now," Winter said back. Foeslayer just gave a helpless shrug with her wings as they glided through the sky.

What would've happend to them? Did someone hurt them? Did Scarlet get to them? Did they run away?

Winter almost ran into a SandWing flying east and he dived at the last minute. Foeslayer was just there, laughing at him.

"Ugh. Other dragons are not my specialty," Winter explained and the NightWing laughed again.

"Sure. Or your just worried about your siblings." She glided around another smaller dragon who waved st them. Winter flicked his tail in acknowledgement.

"I'll just go with that," Winter mumbled in response. His mind kept wandering to his brother and sister, as well as Qibli, Kinkajou, and Moon. Did they leave yet? They wouldn't leave without him...would they? No! They were his friends. They would wait, just like they said they would.

"Well, I see a small town. Is that it? I'm sorry, this world has changed so much since...since...," Foeslayer shuddered at the thought of being trapped in that icy prison.

"Yes! It is! Come on, I think I see them!" Winter called as he shot ahead. Foeslayer laughed behind him, shooting after him.

Winter landed in the mud. He guessed it rained a few days before.

"Qibli?" He called, seeing the familiar SandWing. The zigzag scar on his nose.

"Winter?" He spun around, his eyes wild. He ran up to Winter and looked at the NightWing behind him, his expression falling a little.

"What? What did I do?" Winter asked, looking if he stepped on anything, then toward Foeslayer. "Where's Moon?"

Qibli gave no response and Winter started to panic.

"Qibli, where is Moon?" He asked, touching his warm shoulder. Qibli looked at him and shook his head.

"I don't know! We were having a conversation one moment, which was last night, then she was gone! I looked everywhere and she wouldn't leave without us!" He cried. Winter was now panicking more.

"Where would she have gone? Did you say anything?" Winter demanded and Qibli wildly shook his head.

"No! At least, I don't think so! Why would she run off?" He asked, now pacing. Winter grabbed his barbed tail, making Qibli flinch.

"Where did she sleep last night?" He demanded, his thoughts going to his brother and sister.

"Over here!" He said, rushing off to a tree. There was talon prints and scrapes all around the ground and tree trunk, along with some frostbreath. Winter gritted his teeth.

"I knew it!" He yelled. He knew his sister and brother were here! He could catch their scales for a split second before they went into hiding.

"What? Do you know something?" Qibli asked franticly.

"Yes. My siblings took her, and they are going to kill her if we don't get there fast enough." Winter went to turn around but Qibli took his tail. Winter growled at him.

"Where do we look?" He asked. Qibli looked around, searching for clues. Winter shook his head, trying to think of an idea. But then it came. The world around him went dark and silent. The cold hard truth hit him like a scolding hot SkyWing. (As in heat XD)

"They are taking her to the Ice Kingdom."

Two more days, Winter.

Well, I updated at 1:30 a.m. wow. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed. I might make this story a little diffrent than the begining and you will see very soon. And once again, HAVE A NICE DAY/NIGHT and I'll see you later my dragonets!

~Starbeam