The Plan

Planning wasn't going as planned. Winter paced around as Qibli and Foeslayer talked over some battle plans and how Qibli would survive in the frigid air of the Ice Kingdom.

The desert was hot as usual, but it felt hotter than normal. Winter looked and saw the sun high in the sky, but also a dragon diving down toward them. Winter realized who it was and jumped out of the way just in time.

"Well, I know where they are!" the burning SkyWing yelled. A second later, an emerald SeaWing came out toward them. Turtle and Peril looked at them and the SeaWing smiled.

"Winter! Qibli! I've been looking all over for you guys! What are you doing here? Who is the NightWing? Where is Moon?" Turtle shot questions out. Peril rolled her eyes and stood on a patch of rock, her wings and tail close to her large physique.

Winter didn't feel up for yelling at Peril right now. All he wanted to do was find Moon and sleep. Yes, get hours upon hours of sleep.

He sat down heavily in the garden and before he started speaking, the MudWing doctor, Mayfly, came running out.

"Kinkajou is waking up!" She said.

Winter shot his gaze to the MudWing as Qibli and Turtle rushed into the hospital. Winter wanted to be there, but he wanted to stay outside and make sure Foeslayer didn't do anything danegrous.

"Aren't you going to yell at me? Be mad about my presence and my existence it general?" Peril asked and Winter shrugged his wings. Peril was drawing, or burning, some random lines in the dirt and Foeslayer looked suprised.

"Oh my! Firescales! I haven't seen that in a long tim." She smiled at Peril and Winter started talking.

"Would you like me to explain this whole matter when Turtle gets back or now?" He asked the SkyWing. She shrugged and looked confused.

"Why would you want to tell me anything?" She asked, putting her talon back down.

"Because I am really not in the mood for arguing or complaining right now. I'll go see Kinkajou and we'll discuss this afterwards," He said, walking away, his tail clanking against the ground.

The clinic was very small and cozy. Turtle was seated right next to the bed and Qibli was next to her. Winter walked in and Kinkajou smiled at him.

"Hey Winter!" She said, sounding exhausted. He lightly raised his wing and waved at her. "What did I miss?"

"The first thing you ask right away is what did you miss? You never cease to suprise me, Kinkajou," Qibli laughed. The green and white RainWing looked around the room and her expression fell a little. So did Winter's heart.

"Where's Moon?" She asked. She sat up now and some blue was coming back into her scales.

"Uh...about that. We were just about to discuss this...important matter with all of these new dragons," Qibli said, awkwardly coughing into his wing as a sign for Winter to take it from there.

"Yeah. I need Peril to hear this too, so...," He gestured to Kinkajou and how weak she looked. Mayfly gave her a small grin and shook her head. It was a firm 'no' for having the dragon stand up and walk around.

"I'll go tell them to gather around the door. I'll especially tell Peril to not burn anything," Turtle said and he got the others. Now there was five dragons, not including Mayfly, that were listening.

"It has to be something important that you made us all gather around here!" Peril said. Winter shot her a weak glare.

"Yeah. Did Moon go home? Is that what you are trying to say? Like you, she just left?" Turtle asked. Kinkajou gave them a confused look as Qibli quickly filled her in on everything that's happened except for now.

"She's...uh...I guess you could say...been kidnapped," Winter finally said. His head started throwing questions and worry around in his head while his heart was sobbing and worrying.

"WHAT?" Kinkajou yelled. There was an uncomfortable silence and she sat up again, red and green worry spots in her scales. "By who?"

"Uh...I think it was my siblings," He said, flicking his tail and almost hitting Peril. He quickly stepped away and Peril tried to act like she didn't notice.

"Well, where is she? Do you know?" Turtle threw in. Winter was feeling as overwhelmed as Qibli looked, but the SandWing still took over.

"Winter thinks she is in the Ice Kingdom. We don't know for sure, but it's just a theory," He said, curling his barbed tail so it wouldn't hit anyone.

"The Ice Kingdom?! She won't survive those conditions! Se'll freeze to death before we can do something!" Turtle said. He was pacing now, his scales glowing. Kinkajou was still sitting up, the ruff behind her ears and under her wings turning orange. She was worried, and most likely mad that Winter didn't do a better job of taking care of the NightWing. The amazing, beautiful NightWing.

Three moons, Winter. I don't think I've ever said 'amazing' or 'beautiful' in my entire life! He thought to himself.

"So...does anyone have a plan on going into this?" Peril asked by the door. No one spoke up. "I guess not."

"Well, we know that you and Winter can go!" Kinkajou said helpfully from the hammock. "Maybe Turtle...?"

"Nope! No way! They would kill me and Qibli at first sight. All of us are their enemies except for you, Kinkajou, and Winter. Well...maybe not Peril. They are terrified of her," Turtle said right after the question was asked.

Winter nodded. He knew, but he really didn't want to travel with an annoying RainWing and a scolding hot SkyWing.

"Wait!" Kinkajou said suddenly. She was still sitting up as Mayfly looked her over.

"What?" Qibli said with the same enthusiasm. Winter smirked. The SandWing wasn't bad a mocking people.

"You can go with Winter and Peril! Of course, neither of you will make it over that super big wall that will shoot anyone but an IceWing down, but if you go, your warm scales and Peril's will keep you warm!" Kinkajou said. Winter narrowed his eyes.

"How do you know about that wall?" He asked. The RainWing looked around and shrugged.

"I listened in school. And I'm pretty sure to get to Moon and have her still be alive, you might want to leave right now," She said and laid back down in the hammock. Winter gave Qibli and Peril a small nod and looked at Foeslayer.

"Do you want to come with? I know you can survive those conditions," He said. The NightWing nodded and gave a small nod.

"If I can help, then yes," She said. Winter flicked his tail goodbye at Kinkajou and Turtle and swept out of the room, the other three dragons following him.

Moon, I'm sorry. Please still be alive. I will save you. You are going to be okay. Winter thought to himself. They all took off into the sky, a mixture of colors now flying. Pale yellow, black, copper, and an icy blue. They were going to save Moon and kill whoever did this to her.

Times up, Winter.

Wow, this chapter took forever! Forgive me for it being late. Anyway, it's a little tense too. Oh well! You'll find out what happens in a few days! I don't have a schedule for updating, so you'll just have to look out for it. HAVE A NICE DAY/NIGHT AND I'll see you later my dragonets!

~Starbeam