The Truth of the Obvious (4)

"Nick what are you talking about? What do you mean I'm your mate?" Nick just ignored me while he stared at the man.

"Oh so you haven't told her anything about us have you."

"It doesn't matter if I told her or not. I banished you from my territory 6 months ago!!" His eyes were glowing silver again and I saw his nails grow longer and sharper. Wow, this is the most classic first date ever. I know I should be scared but I think I already know what's going on here. My boyfriend is a werewolf and I think I'm his mate. My look must have gave it away because the man started talking again.

"It looks like your little play toy has finally come to the truth." Nick turned his head to look at me with an expression of guilt and remorse.

"I'm not his play toy," I said.

"Nick I want you to take me home and explain to me what the hell you are and what the hell is going on. No more lies!" He hung his head and pulled me through the crowd to his car. The guy called out,"She will be mine Nick."

We drove in the most uncomfortable silence I have ever been in, all the way to... where are we??

"Nick, where are you taking me, I told you to take me home!"

"I can't take you home kitten! That guy knows where you live now and will stop at nothing to take you away from me!! So right now I've sent some people in your house to get your things because you are moving in with me." My life just fell into a shit bucket.

"What about my mom!? Will I be able to visit her?"

"Yes you will, I'm really sorry babe but when we get home I will tell you everything."

We arrived in a driveway that had a massive house standing behind it. It had that adobe kind of style to it with huge mahogany doors. I jumped out of his car and stormed up to the front porch to wait for him. He quickly unlocked the door and we stepped inside to a living filled with a bunch if shirtless men.

"Okay who are they??"

"These are my pack members. We are all werewolves and I am the alpha of the White Warrior Clan." He came towards me to hug me and it relieved all of my stress.

"How did you do that?"

"That's the other thing. We are mates." He looked really anxious because I haven't really said anything this whole time and all the shirtless men were staring at me. Awkward.

"What exactly are *mates*?"

"The creator of werewolves is our Goddess Luna and it is told that every time a werewolf is born their soulmate is born too. Soulmates help each other and calm down all the anger we have from our wolves." He seemed really nervous like I was going to reject him or something.

"Nick, stop worrying. I already believe you about the werewolf thing because I have seen your eyes glow silver several times and you growl a lot. I think it's really cool! Not every girl gets to brag that her boyfriend is a werewolf!!" Finally he relaxed and started chuckling. I still don't get the whole mate thing because what guy, especially Nick, would want me? I'm 5'6 with boring brown hair that only reaches past my shoulders and blue eyes. Some guys in the room were whining at Nick to introduce them to me.

"Skylar this is Ian," he said pointing to a tall boy about my age with blue eyes and brown hair. Ian gave me a little wink as he shook my hand which made Nick growl and move a little closer to me.

"That's Zach standing in the corner with Travis, they are my closest friends and betas of the pack." He waved Zach and Travis over to come meet me.

"This is my mate Skylar." He looked like he was beaming with pride. I dig being a trophy girlfriend. Both men shook my hand and said hello. As I started talking to them about werewolf stuff they seemed real easy-going and fun to talk to.

"So is it true that werewolves are allergic to silver or something?"

"Yea that legend is true. It burns like hell!"

I started learning more about werewolves when I realized I wanted to be one!

"I'll be right back guys I need to go ask Nick something."

"He should be in the backyard. Go down that hallway and turn to left and you'll find a door," Travis said.

"Thanks guys," I waved goodbye and followed their directions. I found Nick sitting on a bench in a garden covered with nightshade flowers. He looked lost in thought so I snuck up behind him and wrapped my arms around his chest and gave him a peck on the lips. His breath started getting heavier and he pulled me back to deepen the kiss while his hands roamed up the back of my shirt. I started realizing that I've only known him for 2 days and I'm already completely in love with him.

I pulled away to catch my breath.

"I came out here to just ask a question but I got a bit distracted," I mumbled. He smirked and kissed both of my heated cheeks.

"You know I love it when you blush," he whispered in my ear.

"I-I keep getting distracted by you! I need to ask you something really important."

"Shoot me kitten."

"I want to be a werewolf." His face just crumpled and he looked at the ground. Okay I thought he would at least get angry, but not upset!?

Seconds later he looked up into my eyes and whispered, "You already are a werewolf."