Attention (12)

A/N: This one will be pretty long since I just got out of school and it's SUMMER!!

---------------------------------------------

Skylar's POV: We hurried downstairs to see Nick shift into his wolf. I couldn't help but stare at him. He was pure black! I imagined myself running my fingers through his soft, silky fur but that changed when I saw him run out of the house.

"NICK! WAIT!" I yelled. He turned his head back for a second but quickly spun around and ran into the forest.

If he thinks he's getting away from me that easily, he's dead wrong!

I shifted and followed his scent in the thick pine-forest. I ran and ran and ran and guess what else I did...I ran.

I needed a drink and quick. I headed towards the lake and saw a black log by the shore. As I got closer I realized it was Nick.

I mind-linked him, 'Nick what are you doing?'

'I'm sorry Skylar, I just couldn't deal with the stress. That's why I ran and I haven't let my wolf run in a long time,' he said solemnly.

I trotted over to him and plopped down next to him. I wanted to relieve his stress so I licked his nose and nuzzled my snout against his. He breathed out a sigh.

'I don't know what I'd do without you Kitten.'

'You'd live a life full of cats and the kids would make fun of you and call you cat man,' I joked and we both laughed but it came out sounding like we were choking since we were still in our wolf forms.

(A/N: That line was for you Lydia!)

We stayed like that for a couple hours just sitting there and watching the lake. But as soon as the sun was setting we trotted back to the house.

When we walked in Jazmine was completely freaking out.

"WHERE have you guys been!?!? I was getting worried! You could have gotten lost, kidnapped, or worse... DIED!!"

I simply barked at her.

"Don't sass me!!" She waved her finger at me.

Nick was chuckling behind me and I had a full blown wolfy smile on my face.

We went upstairs to shift and I put on a tank top from American Eagle and some Nike shorts, then headed back down with Nick right behind me.

Jazmine just stood there with her arms crossed and a frown on her face.

I couldn't help it. I laughed my butt off! She looked hilarious when she was mad. I could see her lips twitch in a smile so I knew she wasn't that mad at us.

Nick's stomach growled in unison with mine.

"Woman, make me a sandwich!" He exclaimed. Haha he's not getting the luxury treatment from me. I playfully swatted him on the arm and went in the kitchen to make MYSELF a sandwich while Nick sat in the living room to watch TV.

I came back in and sat down beside him to watch The World's Dumbest.

"Hey Nick about me going back to school, will you come with me?" I looked up at him under my lashes and bit my lip.

He let out a little growl,"I can't say no to that face Kitten,"

"What face?" I asked innocently and licked my upper lip.

He moaned. "That...what your doing..," he said hoarsely.

I leaned in and breathed on his lips before I melted my mouth with his.