Saved (10)

Skylar's POV:

Darkness, that's all I saw.

I opened one eye after the other to see Nick sitting in a chair next to me sobbing. He looked up at me with red, puffy, tear-stained eyes.

"Skylar," he choked, "I didn't think you'd make it. You were asleep for so long!" He started crying again.

Jesus, my heart breaks every time I see a guy cry.

I sat up with the sheets wrapped around me and rubbed his back to soothe him.

"Shhh, Nicky it's okay. I'm here," I whispered.

"It's not okay!! The fucking bastards hurt you and Brian got away," he roared.

"I killed the two men by your cell and went upstairs to find Brian, but his scent totally disappeared. He's going to come back," his eyes glazed over with despair.

"Nicky don't think about that now. I'm here, I'm safe, and I'm with you," I cooed in his ear. He relaxed under my touch and sat a little straighter.

"I need to take a shower, I smell like shit," I said. As I was getting out of bed, my legs collapsed underneath me and I fell into Nick's arms.

Oh, I'm naked. That's not awkward.

It didn't faze Nick because all he thought about right now was my safety.

He gently scooped me up in his arms and carried me to our bathroom.

"Looks like I'll be helping you with your bath kitten."

"Don't try anything sneaky Mr. Damon," I playfully scorned him.

"Skylar, right now you look like you just got back from hell. I don't want to hurt you," he said seriously.

At first I thought he meant I was ugly but when I glanced in the mirror I had bruises running up and down my body and a big burn on the side of my cheek. I gasped.

"Will my burn go away?" I practically cried.

"I don't know, I call the pack doctor when your all cleaned up."

"Okay."

He made sure to gently dab my bruises, cuts, and burns with the sponge and look away modestly from my nudity. I looked down and saw a huge bulge in his pants. Usually I would tease him about this but I know he would be devastated if his wolf took over and hurt me in my weak state.

Instead I acted like I didn't notice.

"Nicky, when can I go back to school?" I realized I haven't been to school in three days. Time's gone by quick.

"Really? You want to go back? I didn't know my little kitten was a nerd. That's sexy," he smirked.

I playfully hit him in the arm and told him I was ready to get out.

Carefully he helped me stand and wrapped a towel around me.

I hobbled back into the room and got dressed in my PJ's which consisted of a tight tank top and my booty shorts. There just really short shorts.

When Nick walked back in, his eyes were filled with pure lust. He made sure to eat up every inch of my body with his eyes.

Everywhere he looked I would heat up. He rushed over and gently pushed me on the bed by the headstand. Leaving a trail of kisses down my neck to my collar bone, he moved his hand under my tank top and leaned down to kiss me when I gasped in pain.

I think I have a cracked rib.

He jumped back and looked at me with guilt and sorrow.

"I'm sorry Skylar, I'm going to call the pack doctor right now," he stormed off downstairs probably angry with himself for hurting me.

He didn't mean to and didn't know I had a cracked rib. Christ, I didn't even know! I hope he doesn't beat himself up over it too bad.

15 minutes later I heard a soft knock on the door.

"Come in Ni...?" Jazmine stuck her head in and as soon as she saw me her face crumpled into a frown.

She was a werewolf, the pack doctor, and angry as hell at me!!