Time Flew (16)

A/N: I'm seriously on the verge of writer's block!! >_< if you guys have any suggestions for the next chapter please say something!!!

---------------------------------------------

Skylar's POV:

I was already walking through the doors of Panera Bread when I saw my father sitting in the back corner. He looked so much like me, with his light blue eyes and light brown hair that was naturally wavy. You could definitely see the resemblance. I had his structure in form and height as well. The only difference between us is that he has a British accent!

I walked over as he stood up and hugged me very gently as if I was made of glass.

"You don't know how long I've waited to do...this, just to be with you and hug you." He announced.

"I never thought I would actually meet you." I replied, astonished.

"Well I've come to change that. Here you go order, I've already placed mine," He smiles and points towards the register.

I walk up to a young teenager at the register and order a simple panini and a French baguette with a blackberry smoothie.

It only took about 7 minutes before my food was ready so I quickly carried it to my table with my father already waiting with his.

As we started eating there was a little bit of an awkward silence before he decided to break the ice.

"So, how's Nick? He's not hurting you is he?" He asked accusingly.

"Of course not! Actually we uh, we're...deciding to get married," I said hesitantly.

He looked a little pained at first and then devastated.

"My little girl. Already growing up without me," He mumbled and shook his head.

I felt a huge squeeze of pain in my chest because to be honest, I really wished he was there too.

I needed to change subjects fast before the waterworks spray and everybody here was in the splash zone.

"Um, so, what's it like in London."

That seemed to lighten up the mood a bit.

"Oh, it's wonderful Skylar! There are many antique buildings that roam the streets, the citizens are wonderfully courteous, and the nature there is just breathtaking," He beamed.

"Have you and Nick decided on your decision yet?"

"Yes! We would love to come up and live with you and your pack. London sounds spectacular!!"

"I'm very glad to hear that Skylar," He said with a loving and gentle look in his eyes.

"When do you suppose on leaving?"

"Well...as soon as me and Nick get married," I stated.

"Lovely!"

"Dad, I was wondering...if you would do the honor of walking me down the aisle?" I bravely asked.

Just as I said those words a loud crash sounded in the front of the café and Derek saunters right on in. What the fuck is he doing here!?

"Where is my lovely Skylar!?" He booms.

"I've come to whisk her away," he says with sarcasm as he knocks down and elderly couple's table. Everybody started scattering out of the building.

Mark stands up and growls menacingly but that was the wrong move. Derek quickly turns around to find the noise and spots me instantly.

"Well, well, well Skylar. It looks like we're going to be leaving now," He smirks and grabs my arm roughly enough to bruise it.

"Let. Her. GO!" Mark shouts and lunges for Derek's neck.

He was about to go in for the kill until Derek pulled out a gun and aimed it at his forehead.

"You see this gun? Well it's loaded with silver bullets, all you have to do is hand over the girl and I won't kill you both," He declared.

My dad's wolf howled in pain.

"Just let him take me, it's not worth the both of us getting killed," I reasoned.

He finally bowed his head in defeat after a moment of silence and nodded.

"Good girl, now off we go!" Derek cheered and pushed me out the door.

---------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter but as I said, I had a little bit of a writer's block there. I think I've got something planned out but I'm still open for suggestions :)