Catching up (15)

A/N: Hey I'm back from the Grand Lake!!! I'm going to be updating more quickly now....so yaaaaay!  

--------------------------------------------- 

Skylar's POV:

After the movie ended we all kind of shuffled around slowly because of how shaken up we all were. That movie was freaking scary! I swear I thought I heard Trevor scream a few times and a couple of sniffles from Zach. I on the other hand laughed to cover up my fear but Nick could see right through me.

He hugged me when I would slightly cringe and I would nuzzle my face in the crook of his neck which made us both shiver in pleasure from the sparks that would ignite. If it feels like this every time we touch, I will have no problems jumping on the marriage train!!

We picked up the mess we made with our popcorn and quickly parted ways to our own bedrooms.

As I got changed and ready for bed I couldn't help but feel a little frightened from the movie.

The wind would blow the tree's branches against my window and I kept imagining the chainsaw massacre standing outside my window. Which is completely impossible unless he had a ladder, but right now my mind is reeling with the possibilities and what if's about him.

I silently mind-linked to Nick.

'Nick?'

'Yes, Kitten?'

'I need you,' I said with fear laced into my voice.

'I'm coming baby,' He cooed.

I know this is so cliché, but hey when a girl is scared she needs her man!

I listened in the house for his footsteps and saw my knob on the door turn slowly. I already sensed his smell before he reached the door, so I knew it was Nick.

He poked his head in and strolled towards my bed.

"What's wrong baby?" I held in a moan as the word baby rolled off of his tongue and inwardly shivered.

"I got scared," I whimpered. I hated sounding so weak in front of him. Ugh, bad Skylar!

"I'm right here," He whispered and gently climbed in the bed with me. I started to relax when I felt his fingers comb through my hair and started drifting to unconsciousness.

"I love you Nick," I yawned quietly.

"I love you too Skylar," He kissed my forehead and I fell into a gentle sleep without any nightmares. 

--------------------------------------------- 

I rolled over to find the spot next to me empty. I started to panic and sat up straight to look at the clock.

It was only 8:30 a.m so where was my fiancé? I looked over and found a note laying on the pillow. I quickly snatched it up and read it.

Kitten,

I'm downstairs making breakfast for my future wife to show her how much I truly love her.

I'll see you down in a few ;)

-Nick-

I silently gasped and raced downstairs to see Nick cooking eggs and bacon while humming a familiar tune.

He had his back turned so he didn't see me sneaking up behind him.

I wrapped my arms around his waist and he jumped up in surprise which led to the splatter of eggs on the wall.

"Aw shit, I'm sorry Nicky! I didn't think that would happen."

He chuckled and turned around gripping my thighs.

"Kitten, shush. Don't stress that pretty face of yours," He said while stroking the side of my face. I leaned into his touch and sighed with the warm, intense feeling I was getting from his touch.

"Hey, what was that tune you were humming earlier?"

"Oh...hehe...that, um," He started nervously stuttering and rubbing the back of his neck,"I was humming Lips of an Angel," he mumbled and blushed a deep red.

Oh my God, I never thought in a million years that Nick could blush that deep. I'm going to bask in his embarrassment.

"Excuse me, what was that?" I asked innocently.

He sighed. "Lips. Of. An. Angel," he muttered a little more loudly this time. My wolf was scolding me for making our mate even more embarrassed but I was having fun.

I kissed him on lips and pulled back.

"I think it's sweet that you were humming about me," I whispered seductively in his ear. We were so close that I could feel his bulge pressed into my side.

He growled a deep rumble in his chest and plunged his tongue into my mouth teasingly flicking my teeth with it. 

I ran my hands up the back of his shirt and into his hair. We both moaned in unison. He pulled back breathing heavily and I whined at him for breaking the closeness.

"Kitten," He said hoarsely,"I want to wait for when we're married before I claim you, but your making this really hard."

"But why do we have to wait?" I practically whined like a child.

"Because I want to prove to the whole world that I can wait for the love of my life and respect her innocence." Those words made me crack. I loved him so much more from his respect and love for me. He brushed the tears off of my cheeks and gently kissed my lips.

"Let's hurry up and eat before breakfast get's cold." 

*********** 

After we both ate our breakfast I remembered that I needed to ask Nick something important.

"Nick, I was wondering if I could have some time to catch up with my father today,"I asked hesitantly.

"That's perfectly fine with me babe."

"Awesome! I'm going to meet up with him at Panera Bread downtown," I hurried to the living room to find my phone and made a quick call to my father.

"Hello?" I heard his gruff voice at the end of the phone and almost burst into tears to know that I actually have a dad whose here now.

"H-hi Dad, I was wondering if um, you would like to meet me at Panera Bread for lunch today. Maybe catch up a bit?" There was a long silence before I heard him reply again.

"Yes sweety, I'll be there,"He said and I could hear his voice crack with emotion.

"I'll see you there. Bye," I whispered and hung up.

I finally get to build the relationship with my father that I never had.