Why me? (5)

"Nick, what do you mean I already am?" Don't get me wrong it would be cool if I was a werewolf but how?

"You can't have a mate unless your a werewolf which means you are definitely a werewolf," he said slowly. I started panicking because I realized something really important, who is my father?

"I-I don't know who my father is. All my life my mom just said he ran off when I was born so I never second-guessed her." I started shaking and soon a few tears ran down my cheek. He was never there. He knew I would be a werewolf and he left me. Nick must have figured out my thoughts because he gently hugged me and kissed the top of my head.

"It's going to be alright Skylar I'm going to help you through this okay?" I nodded my head with my arms still wrapped around him.

I must have passed out because I woke up to sunlight shining directly in my eyes. I turned around to see where I was which I assumed is Nick's. He has a king sized bed with a bunch of sports posters around his room and a flat screen TV right in front of his bed. I noticed he also has a bunch of books in a bookshelf next to his closet. Wow, I didn't think he was a reader like me.

I got out of his bed and headed downstairs to his kitchen. It was huge!! It had everything a kitchen could need. I found Nick, Zach, and Travis standing in the kitchen making breakfast. It was a mess. Flour was covering the walls and their entire bodies. I started laughing so hard I could feel abs coming on. They all turned to look at me with irritated looks on their faces.

"We're trying our best!" Zach whined.  

Nick came over to me with his hands behind his back.

"What do you have there Nick?" I asked suspiciously while backing away. He gave me that sexy smirk of his and pelted me with flour. I started squealing and tried to run away before he caught up to me with werewolf speed and grabbed me by my waist. I think he's in love with my waist. He started leaving a trail of searing kisses up my neck and I must have growled because that made him stop and look up at me.

"Did you just growl?"  

My cheeks started burning with embarrassment.

"No, no that's a good thing Skylar! It means your wolf is getting ready to shift. Wolves will start to shift after their 16th birthday." I am actually excited about this but I had a very serious question to ask.

"When I shift will I crave human meat?" I asked a little shakily.

"No but you will crave animals like squirrels, rabbits, etc." Oh thank the lawrd! I think I'd starve myself before I ate human meat.

We headed back towards the kitchen to finish the disastrous breakfast the boys made. It was supposed be pancakes.

Nick asked me if I wanted to take a drive with him around "our" territory, yes he said our, and I decided it would be fun to look around.

As we started driving around town he parked in front of a diner and we got out.

"Why Nick, is this a date?" I batted my eyelashes and asked teasingly. He started blushing a deep red. Ha! He blushed!

We walked in and were seated at a booth by a window. The place looked simple but I liked that. As we started looking at our menus a girl my age came over to take our drinks.

"Can I take your drinks?" She asked flirtatiously to Nick. Who the hell does she think she is to flirt with my man in front of me!? She had red hair that went everywhere, blue eye, and bunch of freckles.

"Hello Emma, I would like a Pepsi and so would she," Nick said curtly. Oh so he knows her name. After she left I turned on him.

"So how do you know this Emma?" I asked accusingly.

"She went to my school a while back."

"Okay...if you say sooo," I said in a sing-song voice.

She came back with our drinks and set Nick's on the table. Before I knew it my drink was in my lap, everywhere.

"Oops oh I'm so sorry." She smiled at me. I started shaking anger and hurried to the bathroom to clean up before something bad happened.

I started dabbing at my pants until they were dry and hurried back to our booth. Emma was leaning over Nick rubbing his chest with her hands all over the place.

At that point I could feel my bones shifting in everyplace and hair growing out. I howled and ran straight towards her.

--------------------------------------------- 

A/N: Sorry about the wait, I lost my phone for a few days and found it under my couch. -_-