Old Memories (11)

"Jaz.." I started before she interrupted me.

"Save it Skylar, just let me tend your wounds." I wasn't having it. I don't know why she's mad at me.

"Why are you mad at me Jaz!? What did I do?" She laughed bitterly.

"What did you do!? You ditched me without saying a goodbye! I find out you moved in with Nick, he's apparently your mate, and you didn't tell me at all!" She pouted.

"Jazmine I'm so sorry," I pleaded,"I didn't think about it when I left. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings Jaz. Will you please forgive me?"

"I guess...as long as you give me juicy details about you and Nick," she said and gave me a small smile.

Awesome, I got my best friend back!

"Wait, Jaz, your a werewolf aren't you?" She sighed and rubbed her arm.

"Yea about that... I was going to tell you...but-t...." Her voice got higher and higher with every word. I knew she was lying but I didn't care. I started laughing really hard and winced from the pain in my ribs.

She noticed.

"Oh! Duh. Sorry I forgot I was the pack doctor for a second. Let me check your ribs." She lifted my shirt up and gasped at all the bruises I had.

"What happened Skylar!?"

"Well...I was kidnapped," I said slowly.

"Jesus Skylar, stop being such a magnet for trouble," she joked but I could tell she was a little worried from the tone in her voice.

I looked at her with a shocked expression. I can't believe my sweet Jazmine just said that. I chuckled lightly and she laughed with me.

She went back to work and prodded at my rib-cage with her fingers. We found out I had a cracked and a broken rib.

"Well it looks like you'll be fine in 4 to 5 days from your heightened healing ability, I'll go downstairs and tell Nick," as she was talking we heard a large crash coming from downstairs.

Oh Nick is pissed.

---------------------------------------------

Nick's POV:

I couldn't believe I hurt my kitten. My wolf was giving me shit about it.

'You should have been more careful!' he growled.

'You think I don't know that now?' I argued.

'I feel like shit, I know I screwed up.' He became silent after that.

Jazmine, our pack doctor, walked in.

"Skylar's upstairs," I informed her. She set her face into a hard scowl and trudged up the stairs. Who pissed in her cereal?

I walked into my office and sat down in my chair to do some pack paperwork. I started swiveling around the office in my chair because I was getting really bored.

I decided to tune in on Skylar's mind-link to see if she was doing okay.

"Skylar, you have a cracked rib in your upper left rib cage and a broken rib at the bottom right, I suggest you get lots of rest," I heard Jazmine talking.

"Well it looks like you'll be fine in 4 to 5 days from your heightened healing ability, I'll go downstairs and tell Nick." I was fuming with anger. Skylar didn't deserve this.

I picked up my office desk and threw it against the wall.

I roared with anger and shifted into my black wolf.

I ran out the back doggy door and headed towards the forest.

---------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey guyyyys! So I know it's another short chapter but I'll make it up to you with a long one tomorrow.