Reunited (13)

I was about to get ready to rip Chloe's arms off of her body, when Nick totally served her ass on a silver platter!

"Excuse me Chloe, I was trying to have a nice chat with my amazing girlfriend, Skylar, until your slutty hands interrupted us. How about you find a nice douche to bang," He said sweetly as he pried of her hands from his shirt. My wolf was so full of love and pride for our mate after he said those sweet words about me.

Her face turned tomato red and she stormed off, back into her seat.

"Nick I seriously love you!" I squealed at him.

"Haha I love you too Kitten," he smirked and put his arm around my shoulder as we miserably failed to try and listen to our lecture. Im pretty sure we were both going to fail our test next Wednesday.

The whole entire period was filled with Chloe's sobs of rejection and every time she let out a pathetic cry, I would look at Nick with a mischievous grin.

He's my badass werewolf boyfriend, I thought with a smile on my face.

*********

The bell rang and Nick took my hand as we walked out of the classroom to our lockers when we saw a mysterious man staring at both of us.

Nick immediately recognized him and bowed his head in respect. Who is this guy and why is Nick bowing to ANYBODY?

'Bow your head Skylar," Nick demanded in my head.

'What why!?'

'He's part of the Warrior Council and is their supreme leader. He's the most powerful Alpha you will ever meet. If you don't show respect they will take that as a threat and they don't handle threats too well...'

When he said this I immediately bowed my head in half submission and half respect.

He looked at me with recognition. How would he know me?

"Who is your friend, Nicholas?"

"This is my mate Skylar sir," he said with pride which made my wolf purr in satisfaction.

I saw a flash of pain and loss in his eyes before they were immediately covered up with joy.

He gave us the signal that we could stand and shook both of our hands.

"My name is Mark. Might I ask what your last name is?" He asked me.

"Oh! My last name is Taylor sir, Skylar Taylor."

Suddenly tears were pooling in his eyes and by then I obviously knew something was up.

"How do you know me?" He looked surprised that I caught him so fast but I can read people like a book.

"Your-your... mother...didn't tell you about me? I'm sorry I must be going!" With that he ran with werewolf speed out of the school.

"What was that about?" Nick asked feeling confused.

"I don't know but I WILL be having a talk with my mother," I spit out. I was shaking with anger at the thought of my mother keeping something from me. I mean come on, she's the one who taught me to never lie!!

Nick tried to soothe me by rubbing my back and I sighed at the comfort I was feeling.

"It's all right Skylar. I'll be there every step of the way with you. Do you wanna skip school and go visit your mom?" Actually I did. I was tired of the attention I kept getting from my classmates today and I really wanna know what's going on.

************

We pulled up in my mother's driveway and got out of the car. She saw us through the window and ran outside towards me with tears in her eyes.

"Skylar! I've missed you so much! Why didn't you come visit me sooner?"

"Save it mom. Tell me who and what my father is because I'm sure as hell that you know what I'm talking about," I growled menacingly.

She flinched at the tone in my voice. She looked up at me with guilt in her eyes and waved us inside.

"Come sit down in the living room and I'll tell you everything."

Nick squeezed my hand and rubbed circles around it with his thumb as we sat down on the couch. My mother sat in front of us and leaned forward with her head resting on her hands.

"Just cut to the chase mom," I said exasperated.

"Your father is a werewolf," she sighed, "We met when I turned 16 and we instantly fell in love," she said with a dreamy look in her eyes.

I didn't want to interrupt her just yet, but I am livid and Nick could feel my anger through our connection.

"2 years later we had you, Skylar. He stayed with us for a couple months before he got called back to a pack council called the Warriors I believe. I never wanted to tell you about your father because I wanted you to live a normal life without werewolves." That was it. I snapped.

"YOU HAD NO RIGHT!!!" I screamed at her, "What were you going to do when I had my first shift, huh!? Or when I'd find my mate? Oh wait, I already did all of those things without any help from you!! Nick was the only one there for me because of your selfishness. Oh and guess what? I'm a werewolf, did I not tell you that or did you already know!?!?"

She winced with every word I said to her. She deserved it.

When I was done ranting Nick wrapped me in an embrace and led me out of the house quickly before I shifted.

We got in the car and I just sat there and shook. I looked at Nick with pain in my eyes,"I need to find my father, Mark." Nick nodded his head and pulled out his cell phone.

I heard a voice on the other end of the phone answer, and Nick told him to meet us at the harbor.

We drove for about 45 minutes in silence until we finally reached our destination. I got out of the car while Nick waited inside, and saw Mark standing on the dock.

We locked eyes and I slowly walked up to him with caution. He quickly wrapped me up in an embrace and quietly sobbed into my shoulder. I have never cried so much in my entire life until that moment.

"Where were you?" I choked out.

"Baby, Skylar, I tried sweety. I really tried. I would send voicemails, letters, postcards, you name it, just to let you know I still cared. Council members are supposed to be faithful to their duty. It was forbidden for us to have a family. Obviously I broke that rule big time." I cried/laughed and hugged him even tighter.

"Dad...I-I mean Mark, why didn't you just come and visit us? Mom always told me you left when I was born because you couldn't handle a family."

"Skylar I would be more than happy if you called me your Dad. But as for visiting you, the other council members were getting suspicious of my whereabouts and would track me wherever I went. Your mother," he sighed,"I don't know what happened. She thought I was cheating on her and couldn't stand it when I left."

"I understand," I told him. I was so relieved to hear those words come from my dad.

"Skylar, since you are basically royalty in the wolf world and you have a mate, you could come live with me and take over my pack in London," he suggested. I gasped. I was so honored.

"I will have to discuss it with Nick but I would love to...dad."

With that I hugged him one last time and headed towards the car until I heard my father call my name.

"I'll be here for a while and I was wondering if we could make up some lost time together?" he asked.

"Of course!" I yelled back.

I got in the car with a smile and looked at Nick.

"I need to ask you something very important when we get home." I said excitedly.

"Alright then!"

He sped up the car and headed home.