Chapter 3

I walked up to the door.. Rather I tried to. I looked up at the sky and took a deep breath of fresh air. This was the start of being an adult. And I couldn't wait. I looked in front of me an crossed the road in-between me and my new home. I walked out into the road dodging one or two cars that weren't paying attention. I ran over onto the concrete. Oooo yes. Concrete. I haven't felt concrete in forever. I stomped on it and felt the hard stone under my feet. I have never been more happy too leave home. I walked over to the front door and took a deep breath. "This is it." I whispered to myself. "Excuse me!" I spun around to face a bright eyed black haired girl... Well I mean most of it was black.. It had a light blue streak in it too. I moved to the side "sorry!" She smiled and shrugged "no biggie!" She stuck out her hand "hi! I'm Avery, you new here?" I nodded slowly "that obvious?" She laughed and nodded "I found you standing in front of the door starring at it. So ya, obvious." I smiled "oops. Anyway, hi." I shook her hand "Alexandria nice to meet you." Avery smiled "you too. So Aly," she opened the door and glanced at me "can I call you that?" I nodded quickly and she continued "great. So Aly, do you know what room your in yet?" I shook my head "not really. I just got here... Like JUST now." Avery laughed "well then.. You might want to get a room to put all of this" she made a big hand motion with both hands circling my bag. I laughed "ok, so where do I get my room number for this?" I mimicked her hand motions and she laughed and pointed to a desk in the middle of the room "you get all of that stuff at the check in desk." I glanced over "oh, uhh ok... I guess I'll just.." She smiled "I'll wait." I gave her a gratful grin "thank you."

This is Avery.