Amanda Burlow

Chapter 2 i up right now. Please read, enjoy, comment and vote :) Chapter 3 will be up tomorrow or 2 days from now.

Location: Boston, Massachusetts.

Harvard was the best university in the world and Amanda Burlow was proud to say that she was studying there. When people asked her what she did, did she work or study? She raised her head high and proudly said that she studied about ancient languages and symbols. People were often very impressed but also surprised, asking her if it wasn't boring or useless? How would ancient languages and symbols help her in the future of which she answered that they would. The world was still full of mysteries and unknown languages and symbols that needed exploring.

She was in her small apartment reading a book 'The lost Symbol' by famous writer Dan Brown.

"Amanda Burlow...You are one of the chosen ones." a soft voice said in her mind.

Amanda looked up from the book. Had someone called her? She looked at her cell phone, but there were no missed calls or messages.

She went back to reading but after barely reading one sentence the voice spoke again, this time louder.

"Amanda Burlow, you have to listen closely to my words." the spirit spoke in Amanda's mind.

Amanda put the book away "Who are you?" she asked with an arched eyebrow.

"I know this may be hard to understand but I promise you, all of this is real. I am an ancient spirit and I have come here to warn you about evil things coming." the spirit explained.

"Spirit? That's impossible! I don't believe in such things." Amanda said with a shake of her head.

"Then how am I speaking to you Amanda?" the spirit asked, getting annoyed by the humans that would not believe anything.

"I have read too many books and you are a figment of my wild imagination." Amanda convinced herself with a nod.

"Wrong! I am real and I am talking to you and you will listen or your world will fall into the wrong hands, and the world you know will be gone forever!" the spirit spoke angrily.

"OK then, calm down. I will listen but it's not sure that I will believe you." Amanda explained while standing up and putting her hands on her hips as if talking to a child.

"Amanda, this is more serious than you think. You are taking this as a joke and it is not! Listen now and I shall do my best to explain so that you will believe me.

There are five people with strong powers planning on attacking your government and taking over this country." the spirit explained carefully.

"How will the five people take over this country? By killing the president?" Amanda asked, this was beginning to sound a little too weird for her.

"I do not know how they will take over this country but they are strong, they can do it. People will surely follow their commands since they will be much stronger than the leaders of this country.

They have special powers that you regular humans do not have and that is why we have chosen you. We want to give you powers too." the spirit spoke.

"Give me powers? Well that's just great!" Amanda spoke with a fake tone.

"You still don't believe me then?" the spirit said in a voice that showed it was defeated.

"Yes because this is too unreal and can't happen in real life -" Amanda stopped talking when she saw a vision before her eyes.

The white house was before her and it was burning and dead people were lying around the house. Blood was covering the grass and stained it red. Five people she didn't recognize was standing at the roof laughing maniacally.

She gasped loudly and without knowing, fell to the floor due to her shaking legs. This was a picture no one should see but she just did, tears began falling from her eyes.

The vision disappeared and she was back in her apartment. She drew a shaky breath while wiping away her tears "W-What was that?" she whispered sadly.

"I just showed you a vision of the future of this country, if you don't help Amanda. What you saw has not happened yet and it may not happen exactly as I have shown you but there is a big possibility that it will. When these five people take over, no one knows what will happen to your country. They will kill all people that stand against them." the spirit spoke softly, not wanting to scare her further.

Amanda slowly stood up, her legs still shaking from the scary image "I...I accept, I want to stop them from doing this." she nodded and sat down on the couch.

"You have done the right thing Amanda and you will not be alone. Four other people will be fighting along your side. I will contact you again when I have spoken to them and explained everything to them also." the spirit explained and its voice disappeared from Amanda's mind.

Amanda was left alone in the apartment. She put her face in her hands and sobbed. The image was too cruel, if that happened in real life, she shuddered. She didn't even want to think about it.