Long distances traveled

One day earlier

"We can't find them anywhere." Derek said.

"It's weird since they haven't taken over Canada yet, there is nothing on the news about them or anything." Starr spoke.

"What's the use anyway, they're just going to defeat us again." Amanda said while sighing in defeat.

"No they won't! Don't have that attitude Amanda." Axel nudged her, she looked at him with a small smile.

"Hard to get my hopes up when I nearly killed all of you Axel." she mumbled sadly.

Starr put her arm around her and laid her head against her shoulder "We have already forgiven you Amanda and like I said before, everyone makes mistakes."

Amanda hugged her back with tears in her eyes "Thanks guys, all of you." Phoenix, Derek and Axel joined in on the hug, supporting eachother.

"The best thing we can do now is sleep," Derek said " It will look better the next day."

Everyone agreed.

They had found a cheap hotel to sleep in, they only payed for one room since they didn't have too much money to spare. Some would sleep on beds and others on chairs.

"Good night everyone, I hope tomorrow brings good news." Amanda mumbled and fell asleep shortly after.

The next day they woke up and ate breakfest in the lobby when an urgent voice spoke.

"Chosen ones, we have a big problem. You must listen to every word I have to say." the spirit spoke.

"This can't be good." Phoenix mumbled, his mouth full with food.

"Let's go to our room." Axel said and stood up.

They all walked to the room and locked the door efter themselves.

"What's the matter spirit?" Starr asked.

"The book of elements have been stolen from the temple." the spirit spoke.

"What?! How is that possible?" Derek asked surprised.

"The evil spirits must have shown them the way and they could enter the temple even though we have closed it with our powers. Which means they have become stronger than us." it explained.

"Where is the book now?" Axel asked.

"We can not locate it but -" it suddenly stopped speaking.

"Spirit what -?" Amanda gasped harshly and felt a very weird feeling inside her "What's this feeling? It's as if something is being ripped out of me!" she cried out.

"I feel it too!" Starr said.

"We are all feeling it. What's happening spirit?!" Phoenix screamed.

"The book is gone. It has entered the world of the evil spirits." it spoke lowly.

"What?! What does that mean?" Derek asked quickly.

"The book has left the earthly world and has been thrown into their world. The feeling you just felt is your powers leaving you." the spirit explained.

Everyone looked at eachother in horror.

"What can we do? There is something we can do to stop our powers from leaving us!" Amanda spoke hysterically.

"There is a way but it is very hard and nearly impossible."

"Whatever it takes we will do it spirit," Axel said "We must stop Adam and his group."