Starr Valentine.

Chapter 4 is here dear readers :)
Introducing one of my favorite characters in this story.

Enjoy!

Location: Dallas, Texas.

"Next up is Starr Valentine!" a man said as a girl stepped onto the scene.

"Hello. My name is Starr Valentine and I am auditioning for the role of Jane Eyre." she spoke and began auditioning for the scene.

After she was done with the scene, she looked at the director sitting at the chair looking bored.

"All right Ms. Valentine. That was...interesting, but not really what we are looking for. Thank you for your time - next!" he yelled as another girl walked onto the scene.

Starr glared at the director "You don't have to be mean about it!" she screamed and stepped off the scene with slumped shoulders. She really wanted this part but just like last time she was not what they were looking for.

She needed something sweet to eat, she felt like crying and she was going to but only when she reached her house.

She walked inside a provision shop and bought a few snacks before heading home. It began raining heavily and Starr felt that it matched her mood, she felt soggy and drained from energy. She reached her house dripping wet, opened the door and walked inside. She immediately went to the TV and turned it on to watch her favourite show while eating her snacks.

Why did they never choose her? What was wrong with her acting? Did she sound fake or something? Most of them didn't even tell her what she had to improve, they just thanked her and told her to get off the stage.

"Starr Valentine..." Starr heard a voice in her mind. She looked behind the couch to see if someone called her but no one was there and the voice sounded as if it came from her...head?

"Yes?" she asked uncertain.

"Starr I am here to tell you that you are one of the chosen ones." the spirit spoke calmly.

"Who are you? What do you mean chosen one?" she asked while eating a snack bar, because she felt very uncomfortable talking to herself.

"Calm down Starr and I will explain everything you need to know. I am an ancient spirit that has come to warn you about your world's future if you don't accept this mission." the spirit explained.

Starr removed the snack from her mouth slowly as a frown appeared on her face "Ancient spirit? What do you mean, wanting to warn me about my world's future?" she asked slowly.

"Your world is in grave danger Starr. Five evil people with powers have come to take over this country and later on the world. Their bodies are strong and their minds are clever, they will not be beaten by the army of your country nor the world. Their powers are too strong." the spirit spoke in a serious voice.

"Is this true?! How can I stop this if it's even impossible for the army to stand against them?" Starr screamed hysterically.

"We will also give you special powers Starr and with them, you will be able to stand against them and beat them. We are going to choose four other people to help you with this mission." the spirit said.

Starr nodded but still felt like all of this seemed scary "When am I getting these special powers? And have they attacked already? I haven't seen anything on the news." she asked while thinking to herself if she had seen anything weird on the news.

"You will receive your powers when we have summoned all five of you and we shall contact you again to give you the directions of a special item that you need to get your powers. You told me that you have not seen anything about the five people. That is because they have not attacked yet but they are very close to beginning, unfortunately I can not predict when they will begin exactly."

the spirit explained.

"What can I do until then?" Starr asked but she got no response