Plans planned

Starr, Derek and Phoenix had managed to find a small cave that they could hide from the snow creature. They were crammed in the small cave, but it was better than being outside freezing to death.

"How did this happen? How could we have lost them?" Starr exclaimed.

"Calm down, they're probably hiding somewhere from the blizzard as well." Derek said.

Phoenix was shaking his head in disbelief "I can't believe we're lost from eachother, we must do everything we can to find them."

"I don't think they're far from here, maybe some other cavern?" Derek thought out loud.

Phoenix sat down next to Derek on the ground "How did it come to this? We were so close." he sighed while rubbing his face in frustration.

"I know! It's like bad things happen to us all the time, sometimes it feels like fate doesn't want us to win." Starr said sadly.

"You shouldn't think like that Phoenix and Starr. If there is something I have learned from life, it is you cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you." Derek said with a smile.

Phoenix looked at him weirdly "Do you want to say that again in normal english?"

Derek hit his head on the wall with an annoyed groan "I have learned from many great people, authors, professors, philosophers.

It's through hardships that we gain strenght.

It's through the disappointments that we find self-reliance.

It's through frustration that we find patience.

When we focus on the good things that come out of these so called 'negative' experiences, that we can accept each event in our lives in a positive attitude." Derek said in one long breath.

"Wow Derek, those words are really inspiring," Starr said with a smile "Thanks for sharing that with us."

"What I meant by those words were that we should never give up, we don't know when things will turn around. I believe everything happens for a reason, maybe we're going through so many hardships so we will grow from them and become stronger and trust in ourselves." Derek spoke determined.

Phoenix shook his head "I agree with you, those words really helped, thank Derek." he nudged Derek with his shoulder.

Derek chuckled "Glad I could help."

Starr was walking around the small cave "Before we were chosen for this hard mission, the most important thing in my life was acting and singing, and having the lead role but now – it means nothing to me. I just want to see my family, friends and the world safe from Adam and his crew."

"I feel the same, I applied to the veterinary school. I have always been interested in animals and I want to help them, now I can in the most important way, by protecting them." Phoenix said.

"You can still become a veterinary after the battle is over." Derek smiled, Phoenix smiled back.

"After the battle..." he nodded, his heart clenching in fear If we win this battle you mean Derek.

"I have always wanted to be a doctor, since I was a young child. I have always wanted to help people and now I can do it in both ways." Derek told them.

Starr sat down opposite them, she took one of their hands in each of her own "Let's promise eachother to do our best against them and never let them win. We will find Axel and Amanda and together we will bring back the book and peace to earth."