Travel Part 2

Thanks for reading :)

Location: Jorge Cháves International Airport.

Arriving to Peru had been easier than she had expected. The flight went very well, she had the whole row to herself, so she had stretched out her legs and slept most of the way and when she wasn't sleeping, she read her books.

The airport was, however, not easy as the flight. The security was very tight here and you have to bribe quite a few guards just so you can exit from the airport. When she was out she gave a huge sigh of relief, where should she go now? The spirit hadn't contacted her yet and she had no idea where to go. The best thing she could do is find a cheap hotel, just so she could spend the night and wait for the spirit to contact her.

She saw several taxi cabs with their owners outside the airport, waiting for a job. She slowly walked over to them "Excuse me? Can someone speak english here?"

One guy raied his hand "I speak little, where you go?" he asked with a thick spanish accent.

"Umm, cheap hotel? You know one?" Amanda asked with a small shiver, she did not feel safe here. What if he was one of those thieves who robbed unsuspecting people.

He just nodded and opened the cab door, Amanda thanked him quietly and walked inside as he closed the door behind her. He walked to the drivers door and stepped inside the car. He adjusted the mirror and smiled towards her, she quickly averted her eyes.

He began driving thorugh a lot of traffic and about an hour later she saw a big sign with an arrow and underneath it said 'Lima' Amanda knew that it was a city in Peru, she waited to see where the taxi driver was taking her.

Not too long after that he stopped beside a very shabby looking motel, he turned around and pointed to it "Hotel, cheap." Amanda nodded, he clearly didn't know the difference between hotel and motel.

"How much money?" she gestured towards him.

"Fifty sol." he answered.

"Will you take five dollars?" she asked nervously. He took it from her quickly and stuffed it into his pocket. She immediately scrambled out of the car and he drove away fast. She watched him drive away as she pulled in a deep breath. Turning towards the building she could see how rundown it was but she had no choice, she walked inside, holding her bag hard.

A middle aged man sat behind a large carton, he smiled widely, revealing several missing teeth "Hola!"

"H-hello, can you speak english?"

"Little, you need room?" he asked with his big grin, all Amanda could to do was nod "It cost 100 sol night." he explained while standing up.

"I only have american dollars" Amanda explained to him.

"No problem." he grinned again and showed her to the room which was more rundown than the actual motel "You room here. Lock here." he showed her the lock, on the inside of the room.

"O-Ok, thank you." Amanda nodded towards him as he closed the door after himself, she immediately locked it after he left.

She sat down on the bed which squeaked loudly, she put her head in her hands. What had she gotten herself into? The room was a mess! Didn't anyone clean around here?

There was one dirty bed and a chair and that was it! No TV, no table, nothing. Where was the bathroom? She saw another door at the far end of the corner, she walked to it and opened it, screaming as she did.

It was just a hole in the ground, and it smelled terrible! She slammed the door shut and ran to bed. She lied down and closed her eyes, imagining herself in her cozy apartment again.

Location: Lima, Peru.

Derek had arrived the day before in Peru. He took a cab to Lima where he had found a nice, cheap hotel room where he would stay the night.

It wasn't the finest hotel but it would do, since he wasn't here for luxury. The spirit hadn't contacted him yet, unfortunately, but he wouldn't lose hope, he would wait patiently as the spirit had told him.

It was currently noon and Derek left his room to walk around the town, he had heard that Lima is a very cultural place, and he wants to explore it a little before the spirit decided it was time to act.

Walking around the large town, he saw many interesting statues, museums and theaters. The latter one surprised him, he never expected Lima to have so many theaters, some very modern but many others were antique and very beautiful to look at. He would have to do more research about this country when he got home.

"It is time Derek." a deep voice spoke suddenly. Derek stopped in his tracks.

"Spirit?" he whispered to himself, like the last time, he took his cell phone and put it to his ear so people wouldn't get suspicious.

"The time has come chosen one, all five of you are gathered in the same place. The time to act is now, you must do exactly as I instruct."

"I understand. Are the other four people in this town? When will we meet?" Derek asked.

"You will meet soon enough. What you must do is go north from here, to a location called El Paraíso, when you reach it I will contact you again." the spirit explained.

"Why can't you tell me what will happen?" Derek spoke but he got no response, growling he stuffed his phone into his bag. The spirit never explained anything!

Now he had to find a way to reach that place called El Paraíso.