Strange Book?

The book is finally found...

A few seconds it had disappeared completely and the room hidden was visible.

It was a large room lit with several torches. The five elemental symbols were all over the walls and in the middle of the room was the book, it was on a large pedestal. It was a large book and it was sand coloured and the five elemental signs were printed on its cover. They all approached it cautiously.

"So this is it guys?" Axel spoke nervously while looking at the others who looked equally nervous.

"Y-yeah, so what should we do?" Derek asked.

"Open the book." was heard in their heads.

"G-go on, open the book Phoenix." Starr said.

Phoenix shook his head "No, you open it."

Axel took a deep breath and slowly opened the book.

A bright light enveloped the room and the symbols on the wall glowed brightly, they all began feeling something deep inside. An ancient power began entering their bodies. They felt warmth they had never felt. It felt encouraging and inviting. Like someone holding them close and holding them secure. They never wanted to get rid of this feeling.

No one knew how much time passed when the room stopped glowing and the book was shut once again. They all looked at each other.

"Do you feel any different?" Amanda asked them.

"No, not really – did we get the powers?" Starr wondered.

"I don't know about that but I remember your eyes being blue and not yellow Starr." Derek pointed towards her.

"What? They're yellow? How did it happen?" she gasped and pointed at Phoenix.

"What?"

"Your eyes turned red!" she exclaimed while covering her mouth.

"What?!" Phoenix screamed "Does anyone have a mirror?" they all shook their heads.

"It seems our eye colors have changed, which means something has happened." Derek explained.

"Something has happened chosen ones. You have all changed, you now have incedible powers that no other human has. Each one of you has your own unique power.

Axel, you have the power of earth. You will be able to control sand and stone. You can control sand and stone and make strong attacks with them.

Amanda, you have the power of water and ice. You can only control small amounts of water at the time being but when you get stronger you will be able to control very large amounts of water.

You can also create ice but that will take more energy from your body.

Derek, you have the power of wind. You will only be able to create small winds in the beginning but after time and practice you will be able to create strong winds and they will also be able to carry you.

Phoenix, you have the power of fire. You will be able to summon fire but also control fire that you have not created. You must use your power very cautiously, fire can be good but turned bad very quickly.

Starr, you have the power of electricity. You will be able to create small amounts of electricity at first but after practice you will be able to control large amounts of electricity and summon lightning and thunder.

You must all use these powers very wisely and never take them for granted. You must never use them on any human except the evil ones who are planning on taking over your world.

You are never to hurt anyone with your powers, only save and help.

You must go back immediately and face your enemies before it is too late.

The last hope lies in your hands chosen ones." was the last words they heard before everything went quiet.

"Wow." was all Amanda could say.

"So we have powers now. That's interesting." Derek said "Does it mean I can create winds now?" he asked them. He began waving his hands but nothing happened.

"I don't think that's how you do it," Axel said "I think you should concentrate on the your powers and maybe then something will happen." he began focusing on the ground, willing the small pebbles to move.

"I don't think that's how it will work." Phoenix began speaking but was quiet a second later when he saw the pebbles rumbling "T-that could be anything." he defended himself.

Axel shook his head "No, I can feel it. It's like its a part of me, I'm making them move." he smiled.

Phoenix stared at him surprised "So cool." he held out his hand and concentrated deeply, he felt his hand beginning to burn slightly and a small flame began appearing "I-it's happening!" he cried out "I created fire!"

Everyone stared at the small flame in wonder "Amazing." Amanda gasped.

She did the same thing, concentrating deeply and soon the palm of her hand had a small puddle of water. She couldn't help but feel satisfied with herself.

Starr concentrated and created small sparks, she giggled happily "I feel so proud of myself."

Derek created a gust of wind that ruffled everyone's hair as they laughed.

"This is cool and all but seriously, how are we going to defeat those guys with small sparks and a small fireball?" Phoenix asked seriously.

"We have to practice and just trust our powers. The spirit gave them to us for a reason, they didn't chose us at random. They saw us and knew that we were fit for this mission." Axel explained.

"We must go now, it's time." Amanda said. They all agreed and came back the way they came. After they exited the room, they were surprised to see the wall appearing again and get in its place. When they walked up the stairs and out of the temple, the stone that covered the pathway also appeared and closed tightly. It looked as if no one had entered.

They noticed that several of the archaeologists was still here but many of them were preparing to leave.

They asked them if they could accompany them to Lima and they agreed but for a small amount of money, of course.

After a few hours they arrived to Lima where they immediately took a taxi to the airport where they booked five tickets to New York where they would meet their destiny.

It was dangerous and risky and their lives were on stake but for the humanity and goodness of the humans, they would do it.

They just hoped that they were good enough for it.