Battle to death

Two weeks passed since they had gotten their powers and arrived back to the U.S. They all went to their own homes, some to explain to their parents why they had to leave so suddenly and others had to fix things at their homes before leaving. They also practiced their powers, but where someone could not see them.

They had seen on the news that the evil ones had taken over several towns while they were gone and now they were heading to New York. It was the first time they headed for such a big town so the U.S. army increased their security.

Axel had kept his contact with the others, they had to form a good friendship if they ever had to cooperate as the spirit had told them. They had agreed to travel to New York in a few days and meet up there to try and fight the other five who had planned to take over the city.

Axel had explained to his parents that he was going to meet up with some old friends in New York and that he just wanted to spend some time with them. His parents had been suspicious of his behaviour once again and they asked him several times if he was hiding something from them but Axel had denied it. At last they believed him or at least they said so and told him to take care.

Phoenix had told his parents the same thing but they wouldn't let him leave when he first said it, wanting to know who his friends was and why he was so keen to meet them. He had to lie too many times to his parents but this was an emergency and he had to lie, he couldn't tell his parents "Oh, mom and dad, I'm going to fight those weird guys that have crazy powers." and they would answer "OK son, good luck." yeah, like that would ever happen.

Starr's parents weren't home that much due to their jobs but when they were home she had told them that she wanted to go sightseeing in New York. They had agreed and that was the end of that. Starr herself was confused by this but she was glad that her parents said nothing.

Amanda and Derek lived by themselves so they didn't have to say anything to anyone but they agreed to travel together to New York and they noticed that they had a lot of things in common so they became fast friends.

A few days later they all met in New York in front of the Brooklyn Bridge where they began discussing what they would do.

"All right what I think we should to is to first observe what they will do and when they begin to attack we will attack them and see what happens from there." Amanda suggested.

"How should we know where they attack?" Axel asked her.

"We should stay near the city hall, that's most likely where they're going to attack." she explained.

"Have you all practiced like we said and can control your powers better than before?" Derek asked them.

"Yeah, I can control electricity pretty well now. I can also create small balls of electricity so I think that's pretty well." Starr smiled, feeling proud of herself.

"I can control fire better now and also use some fire." Phoenix told them.

"What did your parents say about your red eyes?" Axel asked him.

"Jeez that was hard, I had to buy contact lenses that was green so they wouldn't suspect and those things are expensive!" Phoenix exclaimed.

"They didn't really notice mine but they asked once, have your eyes always been this yellow?" Starr giggled.

"I wonder why our eyes changed colors when we got our powers?" Phoenix wondered out loud.

"They changed color to the power that we received, that's what I noticed." Derek told them.