Chapter Three - Alena's P.O.V

I heard a ding from my laptop after five or so minutes and I went straight to opening my messages.

"Hey Alena! We are doing really well as of now, we're about to kick off our tour so we're really excited for that. How have you been? We miss you a lot, thank you for the compliment and for reaching out."

I quickly typed away to respond;

"I've been really well myself, all done with school and finally got a job, so life's been pretty good." Do I tell him I'm engaged? That's probably something I should tell, isn't it? "Where are you guys starting the tour?" Eh, it can wait.

He answered within a minute, saying, "We're actually kicking off the tour with a hometown show. Where are you now?"

"Back in Ohio," I sent back.

"Seriously! You should come to the show! It's sold out, but I can definitely get you in. Are you free on the 16th?" A week from now; I checked my calendar and my agenda and found nothing.

"Indeed I am, I'd love to come to a show!" Wait, was I thinking at all? Why the hell did I just hit send? I won't even send an email to Tyler, and now I'm going to see him in person? In a week? What the hell was I thinking?

"Awesome! I can't wait. I'll text you details later, but it's at the Schottenstein Center in Columbus. Save the date!"

"Thank you Josh, can't wait to see you!" Oh god, this will be an event.

-

I left the office and went into the living room where Derrick was watching How I Met Your Mother re-runs.

"What's going on Alena?" He asked, opening his arms for me to come and sit with him on the couch.

"Nothing much Derrick." I turned and leaned into him, his arm wrapped around my shoulders. "I was just talking to Josh, my old friend from high school who's in that band that's on the magazine cover, and they have a show here in Columbus next Saturday."

"Really?"

"Yeah, Josh said it's sold out but he can get us in. Do you wanna go?"

"I'd love to. I should probably give their album a listen first, but if you want to go then of course I'd love to join you."

"Thank you. It's so good, I have been listening to all of their music since I woke up this morning and it's incredible. It'll be an awesome show."

"Is that why you were crying?" He asked me.

"Um, maybe, maybe not, who knows." He laughed before responding.

"It's okay Alena, I'm sure I'll understand why as soon as I listen to it."

"Believe me, you will." We went back to watching the TV. I was loosing interest and getting tired, so I switched from sitting upright to laying down and resting my head against Derrick's thighs. I was looking up at the ceiling, and for once thinking about nothing in particular. However, I got a fantastic idea. "Derrick?"

"Yes?"

"Let's get a puppy."

"Are you out of your mind?" I spun to lay on my stomach, my elbows against the couch so my hands could support my head up.

"Are you? Why wouldn't you want a puppy? Can we please get a puppy?"

"Alena, we work during the day, we aren't home to take care of it during that time. We can't just have a dog running around this house, it'll make a mess. I'm sorry, but I don't know if it's such a good idea."

"I am going to find us the perfect puppy and I am going to change your mind." I stood up from the couch and went back to the office, opening my computer to research different dog breads and where I could find them.

After lots of research, I found the perfect puppy, and I knew Derrick couldn't say no. "DERRICK! COME IN HERE!" I shouted in hopes he would hear me from the living room. I could hear him groan, so he definitely heard me shout.

He trudged over and leaned over the desk chair, looking at my computer screen. "Derrick, look at him. English bulldog, eight weeks old, already trained and has his shots and has been examined, has health guarantee, and he isn't too expensive either. They're apartment dogs, they don't need a lot of physical activity and they aren't looking to run around and destroy the house. He won't shed, he'll be perfect here." I started clicking through all of the pictures of him and showing them to Derrick. "How can you say no to that face?" I turned to face him, giving him a pouty lip.

Derrick started with a sigh, then looked me in the eyes, "How can I say no to this face?" He lifted my chin with his finger and quickly gave me a kiss on the lips, before agreeing to get the puppy, just as I knew he would.

"Thank you thank you thank you thank you!" I smiled from ear to ear, then turned back to my computer to email the breeder. She was back in touch with me not long after, and we emailed back and forth for a while, her answering my questions and helping me out a little bit, then giving me a phone number so I could give her a call.

After getting off the phone with her, I updated Derrick that she was also in Columbus and was only a little over ten minutes away, so we can very easily get to her, and we will be able to come pick up the puppy and fill out paper work to take him home within seven to ten days.

I was beyond thrilled. Not only would I be going to my first concert since my junior year of high school next week, but I would also be getting a puppy, which I have been wanting all my life. It was certainly going to be an eventful week.

AUTHOR'S NOTE; sorry guys I know it's still really dry and not really interesting yet but I promise we're getting there! & I was feeling extra generous tonight, so here is another update within the same 24 hours :) 

Also, I know that Tyler hasn't come in yet, even though it is a Tyler fanfic, but that's just the way the plot is set up (for now, at least, I might change it half way through, we'll see). I'm trying to make this sequel focused more on plot line and character development and all that good stuff, and not just writing a really cute fanfic. I'm actually going to do my best to do both.

So, thank you so much for reading! please vote/comment/share :) I love hearing from you all! |-/