Chapter Nine - Alena's P.O.V

I awoke to loud laughter, cheering, and some table drumming, most likely courtesy of Josh. After rubbing the blurry out of my eyes and groaning at the thought of getting up, I rolled out of my bunk and stretched my back. How on earth did these two sleep on this bus all the time? These bunks are certainly not comfortable enough for a whole tour.

Without bothering to change out of my pajamas and fix up my hair at least a little bit, I slid the door open and took a step into where the boys and Jenna were. But within that one step, I quickly found out that it wasn't just Josh, Tyler, and Jenna.

"Oh... my.., god..." I mumbled under my breath. Of all mornings for me to not fix myself up the slightest, this would be the morning that I would get out of bed and find not just our normal crew, but also Matt & Kim, Misterwives, Hoodie Allen, Walk the Moon (well, half of them), and Halsey.

And if they didn't already notice my presence, I would've scurried back to where I previously was, but of course, Josh had to see me and laugh at my cookie monster pajama shorts, making all of them look over at me.

"Alena, you're 26, don't you think you're getting a little old to be wearing those?" He laughed again, now that everyone else was also looking.

"Shut up Josh." I rolled my eyes, still unsure of how I was supposed to be acting right now.

"Guys, this is Alena, she's Tyler and I's old friend from high school. We let her tag along for this first week of the tour. Alena, this is Matt, Kim, Mandy, Etienne, Will, Marc, Jesse, Mike, Steven, Kevin, Eli, and Halsey." As he spoke their names, they all raised their hands to introduce themselves, as if I didn't already know who each of them were.

"Hey, I'm really sorry, I'm not exactly presentable right now, Tyler and Josh failed to inform me that all of you were coming." I scratched the back of my neck and reached back to try and make my hair somewhat normal from the mess it was from sleeping.

"I'm not surprised at all that they didn't say anything. Don't be sorry." Kim waved it off, trying to make me feel a little better about the whole thing.

"Really, don't, I love your pajamas, don't listen to Josh." Halsey laughed when Josh pouted at her, but she just ignored him. "C'mon, take a seat." She scooted over so I could sit next to her at the table, Josh on the opposite side of her.

"Thank you, really, but I should be getting ready and grabbing a bite to eat." Before anyone could say anything, I turned and went back to the bunks and quickly slid the door shut again, finally taking a real breath.

I rid of my pjs and slipped into some leggings a sweater that I had gotten yesterday with Jenna, after lacing up some ankle boots, I brushed through my now dry, straight hair. After washing it last night, the waves were gone and I was now on natural hair for the day.

I made sure my purse had all of my money and my phone and anything else I could possibly need, and before opening the door and going back out there, I took a deep breath.

"Heading out now?" Hoodie, or Steven, or whatever I was supposed to call him, asked, a smile on his face.

"Yeah, do you guys want me to pick anything up for you?" I asked, looking around at all of the faces as I walked through them and made my way to the door. A collective, "No thank you," came from everyone. "Okay, I'll be back soon. It was really nice meeting all of you!"

I am literally the most awkward thing, I told myself when I finally stepped out of the bus and started walking out to the front of the venue, bringing me to the streets of NYC. It wasn't a long walk until I found a little cafe that wasn't too busy, and at this point, I was just looking for food.