Chapter Eleven - Tyler's P.O.V

I don't know why I did it.

Perhaps it was that I couldn't get her out of my head since our argument. Her words circled around my head like lions prowling around their next prey, terrifying me and making my heart race. I couldn't pin what it was that I felt when I was with her, but my heart was on fire again.

That old flame that had always kindled when I was with her, was finally back again.

Even if it was because we were about to tear each other's throats out.

Perhaps I truly did kiss Jenna to clear my head of Alena.

But sitting here in my bunk, staring at the bunk above, I could verify that my awful excuse of a plan had certainly not worked. I still couldn't get her off my mind. And now, I just felt stupid and full of regret.

I turned onto my side, facing away from the isle and attempted to close my eyes and maybe get some sleep, but just as I settled into this new position, I saw the light from the other side of the bus grow against the wall in here from the door opening, then shrinking back until it was dark again and the door was closed. I didn't want to turn and see who it was, so I instead waited for whoever it was to say something, or perhaps I would be able to tell by which bunk I hear them slide into.

But to my dismay all I heard was the sound of clothes being stuffed into a bag and feet being lifted from the floor then brought back down, most likely slipping into pajamas or different pants. After the mystery person finished changing, I heard them crawl into the bunk on the opposite side, right across from mine. Alena's bunk.

I tossed and turned until I was on my opposite side, now facing where she laid, her back to me. I quietly cleared my throat until I finally spoke, "So, what'd you think of the show tonight?"

She didn't turn to face me too, just spoke into her pillows, her muffled voice carrying the words just barely to where I was not too far away from her. "What I saw of it was great, of course."

"What do you mean, what you saw of it?"

"Don't worry about it, goodnight Tyler."

author's note;

guys I literally just have the worst writers block right now because I haven't written in so long I've been so busy. I'm so so sorry that I haven't updated in so long! (and sorry this author's note is going to be longer than the actual chapter. whoops.)

But in the past two weeks that I've been away; MY BAND WON NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS which was super super exciting and NYC was so fun I miss it so much.

And I am going to Emotional Roadshow (just one show but one is better than none) and I am SO pumped :-)

also; thank you guys for getting Lovely to 5.6K reads. That is literally so awesome. And DFAM is literally eight reads away from 500 so thank you all so much for reading and sticking around despite my horrible procrastination :)

And lastly, to all of my readers&non readers in France, Syria, Beirut, Japan, Mexico, and Baghdad who have suffered from the disasters and terrors of this past few days. My heart and thoughts are with all of you; I hope you're all surrounded by loved ones and remember, peace will win, fear will lose.

Much love to all of you.

Stay alive, friends. Not just today, but tomorrow too. -Anita |-/