Chapter Five - Alena's P.O.V

"We can drop you off at home, there's no worry, I just wanted to let you know. I'm really sorry, I was looking forward to all of us hanging out again."

"Josh, it's okay. I'll just give Derrick a call and let him know what's going on. Don't worry about it." I scooted out from the bench and walked out of the bus, shutting the door behind me before walking down the steps onto the parking lot. The whole city was lit up, and cars were still trying to get out of the venue's parking lot to go home.

I pulled my phone out of my bag and scrolled through to find Derrick in my recent calls before tapping his name and bringing the phone up to my ear. After a few rings he answered.

"Calling already? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah everything is fine. Josh just messed up and forgot that they were leaving for New York tonight, he thought that they were spending the day in Ohio. But it's fine, they can bring me home. I just wanted to let you know." Derrick sighed before he spoke.

"Listen Alena. I love you and I really do want you to be home, believe me, but you told me yourself this past week that it's been forever since you've gotten to do stuff like this. I'll call Ohio State and let them know that you aren't feeling well and will most likely not be in this week, you come home whenever you're ready. okay? Please just go have fun and be with your friends."

"I couldn't possibly-"

"Yes you can, and you're going to. You and I both know that you want to go with them, so go ahead. Just call me when you can, okay? I love you lots, I'll go call your boss now."

"You're unreal. I love you so much, thank you."

"Have a goodnight sweetheart, I'll talk to you tomorrow."

"Goodnight Derrick," He hung up the phone to call Ohio State and I dropped my phone back into my bag before a huge smile traced across my face. I quickly walked back up the steps and into the bus.

Josh and Tyler both instantaneously turned their heads to where I was standing in the doorway, looking at me while I spoke. "Derrick is calling my boss and telling her that I'm sick and won't be in this week, he insists that I go with you guys. That is, if it's okay with you. I don't mean to barge in and invite myself along but-"

"No that is perfectly fine! That would be amazing!" Josh stood from his seat and gave me a hug, making me laugh. Tyler was visibly less excited about my stay, but we would both tolerate it.

"Okay, so we were going to go through a Taco Bell to pick up dinner and then head on the road, does that sound okay?"

"I'm not really that hungry, don't worry about me."

"Alena, you have to eat something." Josh said, almost as if I were some little kid refusing to eat their vegetables.

"Believe me, I'll be fine." I laughed whilst I sat across from Josh in my previous bench to the side of the table. "Besides, I don't really like Taco Bell anyway."

"WHAT?" They both simultaneously yelled, eyes wide and staring right through me.

"How do you not like Taco Bell? Tyler asked, almost forgetting about how awkward this whole thing was for the two of us and making it almost normal.

"I don't know, it's just never been my thing. But like I said I'm not hungry, don't worry about me." They both sort of decided not to pester me about not liking Taco Bell, and instead just go back and forth about how they didn't think it was humanly possible for anyone to dislike Taco Bell, even though I was sitting right there.

"Hey, sorry if it's too much to ask, but would it actually be okay if I just stopped at home to pick up some stuff for the week?" I would certainly need new clothes, a tooth brush, and it wouldn't hurt to have my laptop and stay on top of the work I would be missing.