Chapter Twenty Eight - Alena's P.O.V

It was crazy to think that Tuesday had already come. We were to meet Shayna for lunch, just us girls. After years of being apart, we were thrilled for our reunion. Though I tried to convince Derrick that he could come, he consistently objected, saying that we should have the chance to enjoy ourselves and catch up.

"I love you, have fun girls! Call me if you need anything." He smiled from the doorway to our room, planting a kiss on my cheek as I stood with Jess and Liz in the hallway.

"I love you too, will do" We all started down the hall towards the elevator, while Derrick went back into our room. He assured he had some things he could do for work for the time being, and had no problem ordering himself room service.

Outside, our Uber was waiting to take us to the restaurant that Shayna had suggested. It was only a few minutes away, but with some traffic it took a bit longer.

Walking up to the hostesses stationed at the front, I told one of them that we should have a reservation, likely under Shayna's name. She nodded and asked, "Are the other two arriving separately?"

Two? Seemed to be the thought within all of our minds, but I just smiled and told her that they should be coming soon so that we could be lead to our table. After being seated at a bigger table outside, surrounded by plants and other outdoor decorations, the three of us immediately shared our confusion.

"Two? I am pretty sure that there's three of us here right now, and I only reached out to Shayna, so that should make four. And I may not be that good at math, but I definitely know that three plus two would not be-"

And just as Jess was about to finish, we were faced with two figures walking over. Shayna, and her guest.

"Hey girls! It's so good to see you all again!" Shayna smiled, embracing Liz and starting to turn towards Jess. I didn't move from my seat.

"Hello Alena, it's been a while, hasn't it?" Blake grinned at me, standing tall behind Shayna.

"Not long enough."

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Okay obviously a quick update but YIKES hello again Blake !!! 

For those who may have forgotten cause it's been a while since Blake has been in the picture, Blake is Alena's ex-boyfriend from high school (before Tyler) that was abusive towards her in essentially every way.  

Hope y'all are ready for what's to come!!