Chapter Twenty Five - Tyler's P.O.V

"Tyler, how could you not tell me about this?" I ran my fingers through my hair, or at least the small bit that had grown over the past couple of weeks.

"I was going to talk to you-"

"When? It's been three days, Tyler! If you couldn't tell me when it happened, when instead did you think was the right time to tell me that you broke up with Jenna?" His voice was raised, but I knew he wasn't really angry at me.

"A lot has been going on Josh, I'm sorry that I haven't kept you in the loop but some of this I just have to deal with on my own." I kept my head down, my eyes on the table rather than on him.

"I'm sorry dude," he paused and sat down, finally putting an end to his pacing across the bus. "I'm here for you, that's all."

It's not that I didn't think he would be here for me, I know that he is, he always is. It's just, how am I supposed to tell Josh everything that's happened?

"We'll be home soon enough," he said, almost as if he was dropping the subject at last. "Have you told your family? Weren't they expecting her to be there for Thanksgiving?"

"Yes, they know she's not coming." With that response, he finally let it go. Not that there was much more I could've told him, anyway.

After a few minutes of silence, pulled out my headphones and started playing some samples that we had been working on, listening to the tracks loop over and over and trying to decide what was important enough to say.

But all I could think of was her.

I wasted my time with her. For too long, we simply ignored each other and trapped ourselves in the discomfort of being face to face again. It wasn't until it was too late that it felt like we had reconnected again, like somehow, there was some way that she could be mine again.

Or is it really too late? Maybe it is, but I can't live with myself knowing that I didn't at least try.

So, I texted her. For what felt like hours, I sat waiting for her reply. While waiting, I tried working on some lyrics once more, but it was just no use. She wouldn't leave my brain.

"C'mon Tyler, you know we can't do this. I'm engaged, you have Jenna, we can't. Please stop making this harder"

"Not anymore"

"What?" She responded, my heart was pounding. I knew I shouldn't be doing this. I probably shouldn't have made the past several decisions that I've made, but I have nothing to lose. If I don't have her, I have nothing.

"Jenna... I don't have her anymore. She's no longer... in the picture." Maybe that wasn't the best way to explain the situation, but send had already been pressed.

"Tyler, please tell me that isn't true"

"It has nothing to do with you" I lied.

Alena's P.O.V

I couldn't do this anymore, this isn't right. I deleted our conversation and shut off my phone, in hopes that would help me push this all to the side.

Tyler's P.O.V

It's been twenty minutes, and still no response. I was obviously disappointed, but what was I to do? It's Thanksgiving. She has a family of her own and I'm not a part of it. The sooner I accept that, the easier it'll be to push through yet another holiday without her.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hey everyone! Just something quick from ty since we haven't heard from him in a while.

ALSO... are we seeing all of these promos?! Music video?! Lots of people are seeing Chlorine but some are saying otherwise? Thoughts? I'm hoping for a Chlorine video cause that song is one of my favorites on the album but seriously anything they do is golden.

Hope you're all enjoying, make sure to vote/comment/share!